PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.

Gloominati
26-04-04, 19:01
My name's Shirley, I'm 19 and Sussex, England.

I suffer from panic attacks and they are making my life difficult. After the attack the ongoing anxiety lasts for days.

I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so that when I panic, I feel like I'm making my health worse. I used to be a self harmer so I feel like I can't cope a lot of the time.

I would love to hear from anyone who feels like they have had similar experiences with panic etc and would like to hear from people who have overcome their phobias/panic and now lead normal lifes.

Thanks.

Shirley xx

sal
26-04-04, 19:37
Hi Shirley

Welcome to the site, you will find so much help and support here and realise like i did that you are no way on your own with how you feel. Everyone on here is friendly and very supportive. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and at times they seem to go on for day, panic attacks in their selves totally drain you and wear you out. When i panic i feel like i am going mad, going to lose control and push everyone away from me in case i hurt them. Its such a horrible feeling and however rational you try to be you cant get those demons out of your head. But we keep trying to overcome the fears and by reading through this site you will see how many people learn to cope with their anxiety and lead their normal happy lifes. I work in an enviroment where a lot of the people self harm and have done courses and a lot of research into the subject. There are so many kinds of self harm and it is a lot more common than a lot of people think. Youve made the first step though by joining this site. So i hope to hear from you soon. Well done and welcome.

Lots of love Sal xxx

Gloominati
26-04-04, 19:48
Thank you for the lovely welcome. I have been reading some of the messages and can see how friendly and supportive everyone is.

I'm very tired now so I'm going to try and rest a bit (easier said than done) but I'll update later.

Take care,

Shirley

nomorepanic
26-04-04, 20:26
Hi Shirley

Welcome to the site.

I have suffered with panic/anxiety for nearly 11 years but I am so much better now.

Had my first anxiety attack the other day since the beginning of the year so I am doing well.

Have you read my Story on the website - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/mystory.htm. You may be able to relate to that.

Welcome aboard anyway and hope to hear more from you soon.

Nicola

Meg
26-04-04, 20:43
Hi Shirley,

How do you self help for CFS ?

What started off your panics ?

Glad you've found your way here.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

imported_n/a
26-04-04, 21:39
hey shirley,,i have had panic attacks for nearly 10 years ,,unfortunatly for me i chose to avoid them which resulted in a certain amount of agraphobia,,but hey since i found this site only 2 weeks ago i have had so much support from everone here ,,so please can i make you most welcome ,,and feel free to contact me anytime for a chat ,,we could swap notes ,,give each other support,,hey welcome again,,,xdarrenxx

twister
26-04-04, 21:48
HI Shirley

Welcome to the site:D Lots of people in here are success stories in that they have got loads better and even completely well! Since I have been posting last October I am back to my old self thanks to the support I have got here and by helping myself. I still get anxiety and occasional panicky feelings but would say I am 98% better - when I joined here i was signed off work for three weeks and couldnt even go to the shops.

Loads of people have similar stories to tell and I have seen lots of people come on here scared witless then to find themselves gradually getting better due to the understanding they receive here and learning to help themselves

Sorry if this is a bit rambling! What I am trying to say is have a look around here, chat to us and we hope to help you feel more positive!

Emily

april tones
26-04-04, 22:16
HI SHIRLEY, I USED TO SUFFER BAD PANICK ATTACKS, HARDLY GET ANY MORE, DUE TO COUNCELLING, MEDS. i RESEARCHED LOADS ABOUT IT ALL TO HELP MY SELF AND DONE RELAXATION EXERCISING. hOPE THAT HELPS, IF YOU WANT TO CHAT, IM HERE ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE, LOVE APRIL

apriltones

sarah
27-04-04, 00:41
Hiya Shirley

Welcome to the site..glad you found us :)

Have a good look round and you will see that you definately arent alone in how you feel. Feel free to post anything you want to.

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

brill
27-04-04, 13:29
Hello Shirley and welcome.

Wow how long mave you had cfs I had it for about 3yrs back in the late 80s and early 90s back then it was called myelgicensfromyolitis I know I am well of with the spelling of it but I think you get the idea what treatment are you getting for it and has anybody told you what set it off.Mine started when I did a triathalon when I had rumatic fever and I just simply burnt my body out.The doctor who finley got me better treated me with a product called amino carb it is a formula disigned for body builders to use after a workout. And beleve it or not it actually worked.Do you have myalgic points (swallen and saw joints).

Sorry I have rambled on but welcome to the site and if you want to know more about my recovery from CFS I would be happy to let you know about it.

BRILL

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

Gloominati
29-04-04, 10:52
Its really incouraging to know that a lot of you have come through the other side of panic attacks, it seems like such a hard thing to do. I feel very weak at the moment and finding it hard to draw strength.

Brill,

I would love to hear more about your recovery from CFS, I've had it for 10 years now and have been up and down like a yoyo health wise. Unfortunately I'm down at the moment.

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Hope you are having a ok day

Shirley x