PDA

View Full Version : spotting question again .. please answer so i can get through theholidays

swgrl09
24-12-11, 14:30
So I had some spotting last cycle (am on the pill, been on this one for a year and a half no issues), now this cycle i am spotting again. I am scared what that might mean!!!

I will call my doc on Tuesday after the holidays to talk to her, but until then I am freaking out.

My yearly appointment was in oct, smear, etc all were good. So why would I be spotting now? In the past it has happened bc the dose was not high enough, but this one seemed to be ok. Can your body get used to it?

I also am scared bc I have had some pelvic pain down in the area where your thighs meet your body ... I thought it was just muscular because I have been sitting a long time at work and in the car, and don't notice it when I can get up and stretch out. Maybe it is something worse!!!

Please respond, as I want to be ok to get through Christmas!:weep:

Janeeey
24-12-11, 15:52
Please don't worry - I have had problems for a few years with periods, All ok now but have had spotting for a few months this year. Its horrible I know as my main worry is gynae cancers and has been hell. However, I too have had the checks and all ok., Spotting is very common, cancer despite what we think is not and the fact that you have had normal smear is excellent.

its always worth checking out as quite likely pill is not working for you now - our bodies / hormones do change as we get older.

I runined xmas last year due to my fear of spotting etc please don't do the same - I know how hard it is, but honestly it will be nothing. Have fun, go to Drs next week to totally reassure yourself but have a great xmas

xxx

justina
27-12-11, 23:14
It is hormonal spotting! If you have haa smear test and a check up in october, everything is ok.
I had spottings and I was worried just like you, I also felt pain but that was probably my anxiety. I went to the doctor and he did an ultrasound and everything looked normal, the smear test was normal, but the spotting continued and still does sometimes...it's just part of life...:hugs:

swgrl09
28-12-11, 00:29
Hi, thanks both of you for your posts, they did help a lot. The spotting ended up being really light this time (only when I would wipe, it would be light brownish ...) and then it ended, so I guess because it stil was better than my last cycle I will see if it works its way out before switching pills ... because switching pills is a pain!