PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure reading worries

Onthepulse
24-12-11, 18:46
Hi all,

Have been feeling quite bad anxiety for a while now and can't shift these irregular heartbeats (had them for about 3 months solid) on and off all day. Had lots of worry about my dad recently and quite a few people around me have been diagnosed with cancer and 1 died recently after only being diagnosed 5 weeks earlier.
Stupidly i have just checked my blood pressure and it was ranging from 127/78 to the highest 150/91 and 138/98!
I had just walked up the stairs and did feel quite uptight whilst taking it. I calmed myself down and got the lower reading of 127/78. This has now worried me a little. I am so fed up with anxiety ruling my life when it is bad :(
I am worried the irregular beats along with these bp readings are dangerous!
Think i just need some reassurance.
I don't make a habit of checking it, but when i get missed beats, i check it once or twice a week.
My shoulders went very tense and i think i got myself into such a state and i don't think that helped the reading either.

OTP

xtremx
24-12-11, 19:17
Hi cannot say much about irregular heartbeats. But your blood pressure readings a little on the high side but not to much to worry about (that is what my doctor tells me as mine are sometimes like yours).

Blood pressure as you know changes from second to second can be high then lower.

If you are going to take your bp make sure you take it at the same time everday and that you have sat down for a least 5 mins feet flat on the floor back straight and relax. if on your 1st reading it is high wait a minute and take it again and use that reading.

But most of all relax at the moment your bp is in the high normal range and if you still have worries get you gp to check you out.

Have a worry free christmas/holidays

london
24-12-11, 19:50
none of them readings are to hight. you got no worry there
god bless