PDA

View Full Version : Just a Hello

anderson78
07-06-06, 10:26
[8D]

Hello Everyone, I have found this site through looking on google to try to make sense of how I have been feeling. It was such a relief to find so many people feel as I do.

I have been on and off ciprimil over the last 6 years for bouts of deppresion and anxiety and managed to come off last September. After moving into a new flat with my boyfriend of 3 years and feeling happy and no longer tearful and emotional all the time I really thought my life was back on track. I have a good job, wonderful family and boyfriend.

Unfortunatly the last month has been a tough one and I have felt the feelings of depression and anxiety creep back. It came to ahead last week when I just couldn't face another day of getting up and getting to work. I just don't understand how I could be feeling well and happy for so many months and then to go back to feeling so low again. I felt such a failure and so disapointed that I couldn't seem to shake off the low mood I felt. I went back to see the doctor and she recomended Effexor but after reading so many of the horror stories about Effexor on the internet I just couldn't bring myself to take it. So I have decided to take 10mg of Ciprimil again and have been doing so since Saturday. I was very scared at first to take it as last time I had horrible side effects but I took 20mg late at night last time whereas this time I took only 10mg and in the morning... I felt fine, a bit sick but no shakes and panic attacks like I had last time. So far so good I am going to continue to take 10mg for a while although I am petrified I will always have to take it. I am hoping to have a baby in the next couple of years so would have to come off it. That thought scares me.

Anyway enough of me waffeling on. Hope to hear from you all soon it's so nice to know I am not alone.

xx

lildutt
07-06-06, 10:30
welcome anderson
hope you find site great like i do
bellxx

manmoor
07-06-06, 10:42
Hi Anderson,

You will be made very welcome here.

Mandy x

Alexandra
07-06-06, 12:00
Hi Anderson

Welcome to the forum

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
07-06-06, 12:59
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

whatisitnow
07-06-06, 13:36
Hi Anderson. Welcome! Its a good site this. We all know what you mean about it hitting you out the blue. Its usually something simple that triggers it. With me it can be pmt even. Hope your on the mend soon.
Caz xxxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic! :D

nomorepanic
07-06-06, 14:55
Hi there and a warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice.

Nicola

Daisybun
07-06-06, 15:31
Hi Anderson, I too have just started taking citalopram, I'm taking 10mg in the morning and I have felt OK. Last time i tok 20mg i had the most awful tummy upsets so the lower dose seems to be OK for me.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Daisybun
07-06-06, 15:32
PS should have said i took it 4 years ago too and had no problems coming off it so don't panic too much

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

jill
07-06-06, 15:54
Hi Anderson :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE,

There are lots of nice people her who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can
Knowledge conquers fear.

anderson78
07-06-06, 15:55
Thanks Daisy. You have made me feel so much better knowing you came off Ciprimil ok last time. I felt such a faliure having to take it again but couldn't seem to snap out of the way I felt without it... I could feel myself becoming more and more withdrawn. I know they say it can take up to 4 weeks to work fully but I am actually feeling a lot better than I have for weeks and I have only taken it since Saturday. I go on holiday tomorrow so am hoping the break will help too.

Thanks again and I wish you luck
X

giddy
07-06-06, 16:16
Welcome to the site
Love Helen

shiv
07-06-06, 16:23
Hello there and welcome

shiv x

clickaway
07-06-06, 17:36
Hi!

Glad you found this site. I'm sure you will get some great comfort from like-minded souls.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers