PDA

View Full Version : Would like some advice :)

November
25-12-11, 12:30
Hey merry Christmas everyone!

Not sure where to start but was just look for some advise really the last few weeks I've been suffering from a pressure feeling in my throat I have now self diagnosed a thyroid problem or an abcess in my throat that will close of my airways at night however I'm starting to think it might just be in my head. It's not always there some days are worse then others and some times turning my head a certain way will making it feel worse. It doesn't really cause me problems when swallowing it's more that it feels really uncomfortable and I'm worried it will effect my breathing. I also think my neck seems really swollen and hard all over but when my doctor felt it their opinion was that they could not feel any swelling but that wasn't enough to stop me worrying but I didn't want to start demanding tests as I'm not very good with docs have always hated having to see them and yet the last few months I have been so often I can't help but think I should just camp outside save me the trip :scared15:

I also wanted advise on how to discuss health anxiety with my doc I am convinced this is what is wrong with me and getting to the point where I need some help before I drive my husband crazy with my constant self diagnosing and checking symptoms on google. Just really not sure how to go about getting the help. I am also worried that once my doctor is aware of this whenever I vist everything will just be put down to the anxiety and it will make them miss something seriously wrong with me if that makes sense.

Anyway that's my complaints of the day over with thanks for listening and I hope you all have a good Christmas.

Dazza
25-12-11, 14:21
I'd say discuss your health anxiety with your doctor, or ask him to refer you to a counsellor. I've have doctors who aren't sympathetic to health anxiety, and other (like my current doctor) who is great about it.

I think counselling might be beneficial to you...it was for me, as I could express all of my worries without being judged. :)