PDA

View Full Version : vomited a little blood

Trevstan
25-12-11, 15:40
I was eating my xmas dinner and felt like i wasgoing to be sick so i self iduced myself to besick the first time was fine the second time they was some blood in it was bright red not a little but but not pure blood.

Then i done it again same again, then after that it was normal.

What should i do i am absolutely scaring
myself, i have had test's on a barium swallow and also had a Ct Abdominal scan for my liver that never picked up anything on my stomach.

Could it just be a one off?

snowgoose
25-12-11, 16:11
Hi Trevstan :)
sounds to me as though you have irritated throat or gullet by forcing being sick .
It is common to read this on here ...........have you had cold recently ?
It only needs tiny irritation sometimes to scrape the mucous membrane and get a little blood showing up .
I am no doc of course and have to say this . If it continues see a doctor .

But I am sure it has been the retching that has caused this .......hope you feel better and have some evening Xmas peace . xx

Trevstan
25-12-11, 21:03
Thank's for the reply it seemed more than a little bit i would say it was atleast 1/8th of the sick was blood, went to A+E after the paramedic came to see me they just kept me under observation for an 1hr and sent me on my way i thought they may have checked my bloods to be on the safe side.

Hopefully it won't happen again :S.

Trevstan
27-12-11, 07:26
I have not vomited in general and no blood ofc since hopefully i am ok.

Should i consult my doctor or with it being a one off should i just wait and see?

nomorepanic
27-12-11, 16:21
Did you call 999 for this Trev?

Trevstan
27-12-11, 18:17
I rang 111 who decided best course of action was to get a paramedic to come to my house he said in general i looked fit and well and all my vitals were good.

He then said it was up to myself if i wanted to go to a+e i said probablys best to get seen ge agreed... The doc down there done some general tests on me but noy my bloods, gave me a glass of water to drink and said he would be back in 30 mins to make sure i didnt vomit anymore.

He explained that it sounds like i had wretched my throat (but in better medical terms lol) while vomiting which caused the bleeding, i asked could they be a quite a but he said yeah.

All was fine and was sent home.

Why did you wonder Nicola?

nomorepanic
27-12-11, 19:19
Not heard of 111.

I wouldn't have called an ambulance out for it that is all. NHS direct may have helped or the out of hours GP service.

If you made yoursefl sick then you could have irritated the lining of your throat or stomach I guess.

If you were sent home then I really wouldn't worry about it to be honest.

nomorepanic
27-12-11, 19:21
Ok i looked up 111 and I see it is like NHS direct. I guess it is only available in some areas.

Trevstan
27-12-11, 19:42
Yeah i didnt think it warranted a 999 call its basically they decide if you need medical help or not.

Think its only in the north of england atm.

Think i agree with you that unless it happens again it doesnt require a docs visit would prefer not to have another camera down ny throat unless really required.