PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pains

Paniclissx
25-12-11, 20:44
I've got sharp pains in the left side of my head and it's really worrying me and I'm starting to panic, does anyone get this? I'm so worried xx

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

I'm worried I've got a brain tumour or sonething serious xx

Conorm
25-12-11, 21:42
mel dont worry yourself! its a very common anxiety symptom and really to any other person who doesnt suffer to get random shooting pains, i get them all the time in my face and head, i get a hot face, cheek jaw bones ache and hurt, and headaches all over, its just signs of your anxiety being high and it will pass, we need some sleep and should feel better in the morning:) dont worry xxx

SomeOddworld
25-12-11, 23:13
I get them pretty much everywhere from time to time, down to anxiety, don't worry about it :)

pablo22
25-12-11, 23:14
i get these all the time! like u thought it was a tumor, went to the doctor and he told me it was due to my bad posture! bad posture and stretch the scalp myself (yes theres a scalp muscle) so u can get shooting pains anywhere over ur head!

happy christmas!:hugs:

Dazza
26-12-11, 12:14
Yep - i get this sometimes, due to muscle tension... often caused by tension in the neck, which can radiated to other parts (shoulders, scalp, arms etc)... we may not even feel the pain in the neck, but elsewhere, but the neck is often where it originates. Try to relax more, get a hot shower on your neck to loosen the muscles and sleep more. :)

Paniclissx
26-12-11, 12:35
Thanks guys, it got better in the end, I've been suffering a lot with headaches recently so im thinking it could be a virus or sonething because there's a lot going around, do maybe it's that mixed with anxiety, and you're right about the posture thing Pablo22 because I have awful posture! And muscle tension is a possibility too because I'm always tense, thanks again :) xx

lou597
26-12-11, 13:49
yes i sometimes get that on the left side of my head, sometimes even a really cold/watery feeling aswell. Nothing to worry about.