PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

celestar332
25-12-11, 22:25
Hey everyone...I just saw this forum on a google search about intrusive thoughts and I decided to join after reading some posts that made a whole lot of sense to me about my own anxiety and fear.

I recently discovered I might be OCD and that even worries me! I never really relayed my panic attacks to a problem other people might have or might even know how to handle or can help. To start I have extreme bodily panic attacks. I feel trapped in fear and can't understand why I'm feeling like I can't breathe. It happens around certain ideas or thoughts I've been having but is like a cycle and I have little breaks in between. Also, I have intrusive thoughts that at this point I have begun to just give up on caring about because it hurts me so deeply that I carry this much fear. I have never really acted on violent thoughts, or even especially sexually intrusive thoughts. I've done a lot of work over the years to think about this and I found meditation useful but it remains an issue and sometimes I am sooo tired of feeling this way.

What have others done to help make steps or changes for the better? Anyone? thnx:blush:

diane07
25-12-11, 22:26
Hi celestar332

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Idunno
28-12-11, 02:06
I think this is happening to most of us here.... some more than others. its scary and it sucks.