PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed over my health bad!!!!

jessicalittler79
26-12-11, 03:42
well here is alittle bit of my story,ive always had anx/panic sense i was 15 iam now 32 its been a long loney road ....but then 2008 came around and i lost my sister which then is when the real bad times hit me i started haven health anxitey so bad it has taken my life over .thats been almost 4 years now jan 5th will be 4 years of hell with health anx ,my main worrie then was my heart b/c my sis died at 30 with her heart well i had the heart ekg and some other little test did and all came back fine nothing wrong with my heart so i clam down abit and i didnt worrie so much about my heart ,for a little while away way ..every day sense she passed away i live with bad thoughts of a horrible illness i have i go to er and doctors aloy ! trying to find out whats wrong they always say iam fine go home:(
i go home feel better for a few days then BAM!!!! here is a new symptom or feeling back again ,,so then the worrie starts again ..i just dont know what to do anymore i have children that needs me and some days i dont even wanna get off te couch because i feel so bad ,i rather just give up then live this life all i am doing is suffering:'( .....ive asl ppl befor about how anxiyey/health anxitey and panic attack last allday long everyday of my life for 4 years now..it never goes away its always something differnt .if anyone would like to share there stories with me ?....i would like to go on and list the symptms i have everyday allday long for 4 years ..some of them do ease up but there always still here just not so noitceible..thanks for reading my post means alot to me ......

here i go with symptoms

dizzy

weak all over

pressure in head

tight throat

lightheaded

cant breathe//over breathing at times

tight /pressure in middle of chest /

eyes go blurry /and i see loads of spots

pressure between eyes /forhead

tingley all over body even scalp and neck

very hot!!!!!

then cold sweats

moody alot!!

pass out feeling

feel like throwing up {which is new to me}

headaches pain also

ringing in my ears bad /full and clogged feeling

unreal feeling like life isnt real...scarey

chest bone pops when i move right in center

need pee alot!!

heart fast alltime and skipps everyday /

lower back and upper back pain ...

the list goes on ...i just cant belive this is anxitey or health anx//// all these symptoms is why i can not belive its anx....i just dont worrieing normally like other ppl i obbsse is it possible that i have ocd over health ??i never heard of it ...and can i be maken these feeling myself ...like can my mind trick me to belive i have these feelings??

thanks too all who reads this

.Poppy.
26-12-11, 04:16
I'm 20 and have probably had serious health anxiety for the past 4-5 years, though I've had anxiety for what feels like my entire life.

Usually I just have one serious symptom that I stress about, though lately it feels as though they hit me at once when they do come. Fortunately, I notice that when I'm stressed about something else (like my new job, now) I don't pay much attention to those things because I just cannot focus myself. I hate having ANY anxiety, but I always used to call problems like this "real life problems" as they were real things to deal with as opposed to made-up illnesses and symptoms; though my anxiety makes these "real life problems" far worse than they should be.

I've had all of those things you mentioned. Not at once, but it sounds like you're in a pretty bad way right now so I don't think it's uncommon for you to feel bombarded by those things. A lot of those things are just panic anxiety (peeing, throwing up - which I get a lot - dizziness, trouble breathing, etc) and some are just because you've pushed yourself to the limit - the headaches and eye issues are more than likely just tension things due to stress.

Trust me, my first tension headache scared me to death. I've had migraines for years, but never that all-over pressure feeling; I thought I was dying. As for the breathing, I had that bad too - I couldn't breathe properly for a month. Doc even did tests and everything was normal except that I didn't have much strength to my breath (due to my thoughts, I'm sure) so he gave me an inhaler which helped some, psychically.

What really helps me when I have these issues (though I go through a real down period at the beginning of a new symptom) is, actually, an episode of House I saw. I know it's just TV, but they were stuck on an airplane and many were getting sick after seeing one man become ill - they all developed the same symptoms, or different but strange all the same. They weren't REALLY sick, but as he said at the end, your mind is capable of creating some pretty weird things. Just look at it: your mind controls your body. So if you think you can't breathe, you're going to have trouble breathing.

I know it's hard, and I know it's awful. Been there, and more than likely I'll be right back there again soon. You kind of have to take charge and tell yourself that you aren't going to succumb to this. It won't be easy, but distract yourself. If you start thinking about a symptom, go on a walk. Talk to someone. Give it a bit of time and you'll refocus. The docs have looked at you and seem to think you're fine - don't second guess them, just trust them. Also - when you have a recurrence of a symptom you've previously had, just remember that you panicked when you first had it, but you obviously survived it and moved past it. Good luck :smile:

jessicalittler79
26-12-11, 04:26
thanks for the reply :)