PDA

View Full Version : dont know how much more i can take

mrs way to worried
27-12-11, 00:06
Stupid glands r up again , they r all along my right bottom jaw like peas I get my husband to check them he says its muscle :( r they glands or muscle around the jaw , I'm sick of feeling this way all my trouble on my right side ,trouble swallowing on right side of throat , numbness on inside of mouth throat right side , jaw ache , ear pressure, glands up ,ear pain , neck pain , shoulder pain , underarm pain occasional , breast ache occasional , leg pain and all on my right side surly anxiety wouldn't cause it all on one side 60percent of these symptoms I've had around 3 years I've had a head and neck mri 2 yrs ago and a mouth xray 6 months ago nothing seen but this wouldn't show lymphoma , I just want a diagnosis my doctor doesn't believe tmj d is a real thing so it can't be that :( I'm just at end of my teather with all this can't go on much more

---------- Post added 27-12-11 at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was 26-12-11 at 20:50 ----------

46 views and no replys , is this cause no one wants to tell me I really am ill

.Poppy.
27-12-11, 03:12
Well, that pain could cause the glands to act up. Also - as long as the glands are small and movable, they're more than likely harmless (and if the doc knows about them and says they are, they ARE). I had a couple of lumps that I stressed about for a looong time thinking it was something serious; finally got the courage to go to the doctor and he said they were just lymph nodes. Did some tests and all is well. I've had them for about 10 years, so it IS possible to have those things and have them be nothing at all.

Some of your issues may be psychological. Pain, especially in the shoulder and neck, could easily be caused by you being tense and stressed and your muscles are just too tight for too long. Leg pain too, and I get leg pain from anxiety issues.

Your throat issues are more than likely caused because you are associating the bumps with your throat and it's a connection your mind is making, so your throat is acting up because of it. Been there, done that.

I'm in the US so I don't know how your health care works over there, but if there is any way you could get a second opinion from another doctor, do so. Make a list just like that one and tell them what is concerning you and ask them for their take on it. They're the pros - they'll know how to help you. Just be SURE to commit to the help; that is, if they say you're fine, allow yourself to relax, believe them, and move on. It won't be easy, but it will make you feel better.

Hope all works out for you :)