PDA

View Full Version : Dark Red Spots/Bumps On Cheek Lining

Zep
27-12-11, 01:48
I've noticed two dark red spots on the inside of my right cheek that seem to have appeared out of nowhere. They may have been there for a day or two already, but it feels like it appeared over the course of today.

The larger bump I can feel with my tongue. It feels somewhat firm and smooth, although it looks a bit more malleable when I move it with my finger. The smaller spot seems to be just a mark on my cheek and I can't feel it with my tongue.

I'm assuming it's a blood blister as a result of accidentally biting my cheek (although I don't remember doing so), the smaller mark being where I bitten it and the larger one being the resulting clot. However one glance at Google later I'm thinking it could be oral cancer or anything. It doesn't help that I have congestion and a runny nose, which I've heard is one of the possible symptoms of melanoma.

I've included a photo of the spots. Someone put my mind at rest, or let me know if I should have this checked out.

nomorepanic
27-12-11, 01:52
blood blisters from biting the lining of your mouth

Lost22
27-12-11, 03:50
Dont worry those are blisters i am a dental hygienist and usually they go away in about 1-2 weeks...if not then go to your dentist and get it checked out but i am sure they will go away