PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety Funny-Because We Could All Use A Laugh

beth0277
27-12-11, 17:58
Now, I know that HA is not funny. I am debilitated by it myself, so I know how horrible it is. I just thought I would share a story from last night as I found it humorous...

I have been dealing with very severe HA recently and I have a lot of physical symptoms. Tingling, unusual smells, you name it. So, I woke up at 1:00 and could feel my entire body sort of vibrating, which was a new sensation for me. I started getting worried and tried to tell myself it was all anxiety but it would not go away. I sat up in bed, still there. I layed down, still vibrating. I wanted to turn on the TV but didn't want to wake my husband. So, eventually I rolled over towards him and he said "What is that shaking?!" I was so relieved that he felt it to. I said "You can feel that?!!?" and he hopped up and felt under the mattress, and pulled out one of my son's toys that had somehow gotten turned on and was shaking our entire mattress.

I had to laugh...mostly out of relief that this wasn't a new a strange symptom that surely meant I had some sort of strange disease or neurological issue.

I am so on edge all of the time and so in tune with my body that it was just funny to me that I automatically assumed it was my health anxiety causing the vibrating instead of an actual plausible cause. :roflmao:

countrygirl
27-12-11, 20:41
:yesyes: