PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause our symptoms when were not anxious?

duke246810
27-12-11, 19:33
Ive always got the impression that when your anxious you get your symptoms, like when you start hyperventilating etc, i can totally understand how your symptoms can come when you are having a full blown panic attack.. but it still seems to baffell me how anxiety can cause some of my seriously scary and surreal symptoms when im sitting on the sofa watching television, no andrealine or fear of any kind whatsoever.

i also find it hard to try and tell people the way im feeling, like when you search online for symptoms and things its hard because all the websites go about saying that there down to anxiety because of not enough air to your body etc..

thankyou for reading, could you please take a look at my other post please about my cold. thankyou x

sallad
27-12-11, 20:23
I don't get how it happens either, but I know it does happen to me too. Sometimes just when I am feeling happy and calm I get hit. Somewhere in our brain the anxiety is there. My therapist says that it can be like the anxiety is floating around us waiting to get in. I have done the Linden method and while I don't think it cures anything, his tough love about us causing this to ourselves works well with me in minutes where i am hit hard by weird anxiety symptoms.

kinnygirl1
27-12-11, 22:07
I hope so, Duke, otherwise I will start thinking that my symptons ARE a sign of an illness! :) It oftens happens to me. I comfort myself that my symptons are caused by the underlying anxiety in my sub conscious. It is baffling isn't it?