PDA

View Full Version : Regular Heartburn but why??

petmad
27-12-11, 21:47
Hi folks
I used to get the odd bit of heartburn in the evening or in bed, but now it seems more regular, I thought it was the antibiotics I was on, but I have finished those.
It tends to start in the evening and can keep me awake at night. But have been reading up and it says about lesions etc you can get due to the acid and they can turn cancerous??
So now my anxiety is kicking in and I am starting to worry.
I have tried rennies but they don't seem to help?
I try drinking milk in the evening but thats not helping either.
anybody else suffer ??
x

haz
27-12-11, 23:58
Yes. Suffering badly at the moment. Was on omeprazole for years which kept it at bay, then it stopped working? Switched to lansoprazole which I took for a month but it made me feel sick (although it did help with the acid reflux). Been on ranitidine for 7 days and I feel worse!!

Don't know what to do???:shrug:

AnxiousM
28-12-11, 11:01
Similar situation, doctor prescribed lanzeprazole, I haven't picked them up as even omeprazole made me feel sick. I don't want to be on medication all the time.

Do you get twinges or spasms in your oesophagus?

:(

Betsyboo9034
28-12-11, 14:31
How do you sleep at night? Do you sleep flat on your back, or with one pillow? Sometimes lying down without a lot of support underneath your neck can cause the acid to flow up from your stomach. I find if I sleep with more pillows, and prop myself off, it helps the acid stay in my stomach.

petmad
28-12-11, 17:51
I tend to get it starting in the evening when I am sitting up, its horrible as its making me worry what I eat and drink, I have a water pillow as suffer with a bad neck, so can't really prop myself up.
I have been to the chemist and got some gaviscon which I drunk by the bottle load when I was pregnant!!
I just worry its something else and why am I getting it? Don't really wanna go docs cos they will think me paranoid....
x