PDA

View Full Version : Switched Meds and I feel awful!!!!

cherrysoda
27-12-11, 23:21
Hello Everyone,

I had been taking Citalopram for the past two months. I finally had gotten to a place where I was feeling really good. My insurance no longer wants to cover Citalopram and it is $45 per 30 day supply. So my MD switched me to Fluoxetine. I took my last Citalopram on 12/15 and I started taking Fluoxetine on 12/16. On the 16th I had a full on Panic Attack and ended up going to the emergency room. Every day since the 16th I have felt like crap. I have to take the Fluoxetine and my anxiety systems seemed to get worse. I have had full days filled with anxiety and I have been a wreck. I finally went back to the emergency room again on 12/26 and the ER doc gave me a new prescription of Citalopram and I just paid for it out of pocket. I took Citalopram this morning.... But...... I still feel like crap. I have had anxiety all day and I feel like running back to the emergency room. Tingling hands and slight numbness, light headed, tight throat, cant catch my breath, tight chest, hot and cold sensations flowing through my body. I can't stop clinching my teeth and my thoughts are all over the place. Is this normal when there is a change in medication? I have an hour commute from work this evening and I am dreading the drive because I will panic all the way home..... Any suggesstions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks..............

william wallace
28-12-11, 10:18
It's a damned shame that you've had your meds messed up by the people that are supposed to be looking after you. There has obviously been some kind of reaction between the Citalopram and the fluoxetine. Maybe you could approach your insurance company and offer to pay the difference, or better still get some ambulance chaser to scare them into giving you the Citalopram.
Sorry to read about this, it really bugs me that someones health has been compromised to save a few $$$:hugs: