PDA

View Full Version : sorry awkward question re: constipation

swgrl09
28-12-11, 00:27
Hi, first thanks everybody who has been responding to my posts recently. It's been a stressful time of year, making my anxiety really bad.

So over the past weekend I have been really constipated ... and I am starting to worry about it. I have finally gone a very little bit today after taking senokot, but not a lot (definitely not as much as I ate over christmas!!!) and so I think I am still backed up ... Should I keep taking the senokot or is there something better?

Also I am worrying that I have a tumor in my colon, which I know is stupid because EVERYBODY gets constipated ... but this was exactly how we found out that my mom had a tumor in her colon and then she died a month after ... so it is kind of traumatic for me. I think I just need some reassurance that this is normal and I am not going to die (from this at least).

Lastly ... sorry long, I know. I just started taking zyrtec and today read that a side effect can be constipation ... but i need to take allergy medicine because I just found out I am allergic to cats, dogs, dust, mold, etc and I own a cat. Does anybody have advice on how to prevent this so that I can still take my zyrtec? :( I don't wanna be backed up forever.:wacko: