PDA

View Full Version : skin cancer worries?

f0rest
28-12-11, 04:04
ok so ive been stressing about this for a few months now but ive never really did anything about it i have fairly amount of moles (fairly dark skinned?) maybe but i didnt go out the house for a good few months and now i see more moles dark spots on my skin as time goes by... theres nithing that screams out to me as weird but i have the odd weird looking dark patch which isnt that big.. i dunno what to do if i go to the docs they wont send me to a dermatologist because ive had trouble with anxiety before and nothing was up with me... i really dunno what to do now my anxiety has been very low in the past few days until i started thinking about it again.any advice would be appreciated as always im just ina bit of a panic at the minute so dont say anything too harsh i will probobly be fine in the morning (with a hint of the c cancer thing in the back of my head):mad:. thanks for reading this rant lol:yesyes:

-kevin :unsure::flowers:

Keith
28-12-11, 04:29
I wouldn't worry, do they itch or bleed? No. If they are just one colour then there is nothing to worry about. I got a mole removed once and it looked really bad had 3 colours and I was worried but it was just a mole nothing bad.

Just relax. :)

eeyorelover
28-12-11, 04:40
Hi Kevin,
Never worry about what the doc will think if you go in when you have a concern.
At least have the moles looked at by your doc.
I'm sure it's nothing but better to be safe and get it checked out.
Remember if a mole changes in size, shape,color, has irregular borders, or breaks open it's best to get it checked.
xxx
Sandy

swgrl09
28-12-11, 16:31
I feel for you, as I battle with this fear on and off a lot. My boyfriend has lots moles, some multicolored, some not. He went to the doctor and 2 minutes later was given the OK that all were fine. I also had a dark patch on my skin this year and was so scared, but went to a dermatologist and was told it was nothing. A uniform dark patch just happens sometimes, i don't go in the sun too much because I burn easily and always wear SPF 30 or higher, but I still got this weird patch. Can be from the sun or just discoloration. As long as its not bleeding or itchy or changing, you should be fine.

f0rest
29-12-11, 08:55
it was itchy to begin with but not so itchy now it isnt that big either

Magic
29-12-11, 10:53
Hi Kevin
Could mention it to doc when next you go,as moles do alter.
My daughter has lots of moles on her back. She had one of them removed last year because it had grown more protruded and the results were fine.