PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Apnea

AnxiousM
28-12-11, 10:49
Getting fed up now... Had bad bloating after eating, stomach area aching a lot. When I go to sleep I wake up a few times as if my air has been cut off and then I catch my breath. I feel tired the next day, is this sleep apnea?

I feel like acid has burned just above my diaphragm, an uncomfortable feeling just below the bottom of my chest bone, during the day but mostly when I'm in work (but I don't feel stressed in work).

Fed up of going to the doctor as I don't want to be seen as a hypochondriac. Blood tests all ok, awaiting on results of one to determine of there's some sort of acid/bacteria issue.

I was on mirtazapine for 8 months then came off them. Felt great for a few months and this has creeped up on me. I genuinely don't feel stressed, is it the tiredness, is it the acid? Just want to get to the bottom of it as I don't want this on going in my life.

Does anyone have or has anyone had or overcame a similar issue?

Your feedback woul be appreciated.

kestral
13-01-12, 08:47
i wake up shortly after going to sleep slightly gasping for breath sometimes. it feels as if i have forgotten to breath as i drop off and i am little alarmed by it. i am told i snore loudly frequently which apparently can be a sign of apnea although ive never had a diagnosis by my gp.