PDA

View Full Version : How likely is it that my symptoms are caused by me obbsessing about what the Dr said?

katie23
28-12-11, 10:51
Hey I got sent to hospital at the start of Dec because I have a fast heartbeat (tachycardia) Well when I was there they kept asking do you have chest pain etc and I didn't at the time I was oblivious to the fact my HR was so fast in the first place I just felt breathless with anemia!

So the next day I started to get chest pains and they have pretty much continued constantly like last night I actually dreamed about chest pain then I woke up and felt it! :doh:

Is anyone else the same the Dr acts concerned if you have had any symptoms then you get them when you go home? I'm sure mine are caused by all my over breathing like I'm constantly taking deep breaths! Or hyperventilating when out...

But I'm unsure it's like I can make symptoms appear! Like last year I got obsessed with appendicitis and suddenly got pain in my right side :unsure: and dragged my faimly to a+e about three times... it then went my obsessions about my health when my medication kicked in!

Mirabelle
28-12-11, 11:04
Oh yes Katie. You can easily bring in symptoms by obsessing over them. Try to relax and breath from you belly.
xx