PDA

View Full Version : Stress and anxiety related heartburn need help!

raja
28-12-11, 17:04
Hi has anyone got stress related heartburn, all I get is this constant dull burning ache in my chest. Doc says it's down to stress as PPI,s do not really reduce my symptoms much I am currently on 40mg pantaprozole which apparently is quite a powerful dose. Just wanted to know how people cope with this need help! Really worried if this is causing damage can someone pls re-assure me?

Thanks

petmad
28-12-11, 18:03
I wonder whether my heartburn is worse due to stress, keep reading things about heart burn causing problems thats why I am worried!!
I get the burning acid coming up in my chest and throat its horrible x

raja
28-12-11, 18:11
Hi petmad, do you get yours all the time? How often do you get it? How do you find relief?

EmmerLooeez
28-12-11, 18:36
I've recently started with this too. I'm taking Omeprazole and it does help. Before I started these tablets my heartburn would keep me awake at night and I'd feel burning during the day, I still feel burning in the day and I'm awfully bloated but the taste of acid in my mouth, my sore throat and acid at night have significantly improved.

Do you try taking none perscription antacids or anything? Might be worth a bash. xx

raja
28-12-11, 19:00
Yes i try OTC ones but they not as helpful as the ones doc gave me. I have scared myself Insane after reading about the progression of acid, doc says am a hupocondriac and suffer from stress which inturn is causing my issues but I don't feel stressed then why the heartburn? Any ideas?