PDA

View Full Version : This is getting too much now :(

LauraJay
28-12-11, 19:21
I feel pathetic posting this to be honest, after seeing 6 doctors, and having a clear blood test and ultrasound.

I have 2 swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck, one less than the size of a pea and one like a tiny sausage, a bit less than 1cm is what the ultrasound confirmed. They were also confirmed as benign by the radiologist.

There are also some lumps along the underside of the muscle where the lymph nodes are but they feel much different - like fatty tissue attached to the muscle or tendons. I have no idea what it is, and it seems to extend down the neck and theres a very tiny lump above my collarbone.

Nobody seems phased. I can't talk to anyone because despite not knowing why they are there, why 2 feel different from another 2, or why they haven't gone, people think I'm anxious for psychological reasons.

I'm sick and tired of checking my neck! My questions are: if they havent changed in almost 3 months, and nobody seems concerned at all, along with tests which should have reassured me, WHY am I still in a panic? It's taking over my life to some extent...and now I feel I have nowhere to turn!

If anyone could offer some advice or a friendly reply I would be very very greatful...

Laura.

mrs way to worried
28-12-11, 19:57
I am going through exactly the same at the mo , same glands everything , mine ache and go down and up but with no illness provoking them and they r on one side , my doc says I'm making it up I've seen 8 docs had an mri nothing even mentioned bout glands and blood work clear but don't know what they were testing for , I have a painful jaw to plus shoulder pain arm pain leg pain trouble swallowing , sneezing fits , loss of sense of taste and smell and its all on one side I've had trouble for 3 years really hope u find out what is wrong I know how hard it is I can't cope with it anymore xx

LauraJay
28-12-11, 20:06
May I ask how old you are and if you've had the glands for 3 years? If so havig swollen nodes that long are more likely to be shotty nodes (ones that didnt go back to their original size after infection).

Mine havent changed in about 2 and a half months but I have found another. All are smaller than 1cm and move which I hear is a good sign. If yours ache and arnet that big then take comfort in that xx

mrs way to worried
28-12-11, 20:15
I'm 26 I've had the glands since I've had neck pain so 2 and half years , I've spent 3 years living in terror its so bad th
at my daughter has started with health anxiety about her neck she's only 4 she is always grabbing her neck checking if she's poorly I hate myself for passing this on to her but until I get a diagnosis I can't relax :(

justina
28-12-11, 21:27
I really think that you should not worry. Your glands are small!
The doctors would have noticed if something was wrong.
Are you stressed by other things? Maybe that triggers your helath anxiety and your mind choses to focus on these glands even though so many doctors tell you you are ok...:hugs:

LauraJay
28-12-11, 22:15
You'd think websites such as the NHS or Boots MD would explain to people that they can be palpable without being pathalogically enlarged....why does everything about nodes you can feel related to cancer online? Even my doctors all say they get thousands of cases of people with the same thing and rarely, if ever, encounter anyone with lymphoma.

This is what I cant understand, Ive also read many topics here about them being normal for you to feel...if they are so normal wouldn't cancer be further down the list when you look for info on enlarged lymph nodes online?

It's good to be educated but it seems it's all about the fear and worst case scenarios. My dr said he gets 3-4 patients each day with palpable nodes, as did my ENT consultant. So how do people know when something is serious??

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

I really think that you should not worry. Your glands are small!
The doctors would have noticed if something was wrong.
Are you stressed by other things? Maybe that triggers your helath anxiety and your mind choses to focus on these glands even though so many doctors tell you you are ok...:hugs:

Thank you. I've been stressed a little about finances and starting a new job but the latter should excite me really since I love it (I work for a nursery).

Many of my drs think that losing my sister to a rare cancer 7 years ago has contributed to my anxiety (they actually think I need behavioural therapy now), but i have been fine in the past...it's only when I find something a bit 'off' do I get this bad. Last year I found a lump in my breast, went through 2 weeks of hell and it cleared up on its own! I think the reason I'm so fed up now is because it's been almost 3 months with little to no change and I keep wishing they'd go too.

LauraJay
29-12-11, 15:23
Anyone else have any advice or anything similar happen to them?