PDA

View Full Version : Living in fear

Fly away Katie
28-12-11, 21:43
I've always had itchy skin, especially on my back. I remember itching my back loads when I was younger. It never really worried me.

Recently, I've had a really itchy patch on my back.. So when I looked in the mirror, I saw something... It looked like a faint mole. Doesn't LOOK angry or anything...
BUT it feels angry. It itches quite a bit and is also sore a lot of the time. I'm always aware of it. I'm obsessed with it.

I DO have moles, but have never worried about them They all seem normal and don't bother me but this 'thing' does; It itches :( And is sore.

Saw a doctor this morning. He said he doesn't think it's cancer but told me to measure it and take pics for a self-record.

BUT I don't want to do that. I'll obsess even more then.

Has ANYONE ever had what looks like and feels like a bite/ slightly raised FAINT coloured mole type thing before? I'm FRIGHTENED and got this gut feeling it's something REALLY, REALLY awful.

Anyone had anything at all similar? Going out of my mind worrying.

Katie x x x

.Poppy.
28-12-11, 22:30
Can you see a dermatologist? They may be able to give you something for your itchy skin, and take a look at it while they're at it. They see so many cases of *bad* moles they'll be able to tell right away if it's fine - and if not, they can take a sample and look at it.

I've never had a slightly raised mole before, but I know people that have. I do have a light colored mole that I thought was serious before I realized that it's just scarring from acne, which set my mind at ease.

Fly away Katie
29-12-11, 21:50
I could do yeah. It just stings SO much x