PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Diahrroea

PinkRoxy
29-12-11, 09:36
I have noticed lately during the time of the month I get diahrroea and bowel attacks such as bad pain like IBS pain and I notice some blood in my diahrroea.

I am thinking def endometriosis and am still waiting for my referral at the hospital about it *sigh*

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this before?

Before christmas I had a three day poo sample test at the lab and they found no internal bleeding, so it showed nothing serious.

nomorepanic
29-12-11, 12:42
Is the blood in the stool or can you see it in the bowl or when you wipe?

PinkRoxy
31-12-11, 07:46
I usually see bits of it in the stool. But sometimes I notice I get it when I wipe too.

nomorepanic
31-12-11, 14:08
Are you sure the bits in the stool aren't food?

If it is bright red blood then probably a pile and/or fissure.

Hopefulmi
02-01-12, 00:18
I get bleeding too every so often....got a sigmoidoscopy soon but since I have no abdo pains, weight loss and continuous diarrhoea, hoping it is a pile. What you have doesn't sound too serious x

PinkRoxy
02-01-12, 04:05
I hve thought about it whether it is food or not but not too sure. Not a pleasant convo to bring up with my gp lol.
But yeah Im not too sure though aye but it def is red and sometimes if I see something then I worry about t until I can be reassured its not what it could be, if that makes sense.

Ive always had bowel pain and loose stools during my menses aswell as bladder pain and pelvic pain. My period can be a right biatch sometimes.

Connor_cbt
02-01-12, 08:47
Hi roxy,
Has your doc tried you on anti-spasmodics? I used to get them for iBS and they also use them to treat severe cramps associated with menstruation, they might help with some of your symptoms, also most of the population are constipated to some degree which can lead to fissures and haemorrhoids (piles) so ensuring you are eating enough (but not too much) fibre and drinking plenty of fluids (non-caffeinated) as well as taking gentle exercise will aid your bowel to discharge waste comfortably. As a rule if the blood is bright it indicates that it is from around the rectum and not higher up in the digestive tract which is a positive. Another possible thing that I used to suffer from Is over-wiping, the area of skin is delicate and fairly thin around the anus and prolonged periods of diarrhoea can result in a lot of wiping and with the skin already irritated by acidic, watery stools the wiping can make you very sore and can often cause bleeding. Just to make it that little more unpleasant because of the frequent use and the nature of that part of the body, it can be slow to repair itself and that goes for fissures as well so following a good diet with enough finer and plenty of fluids is a good rule of thumb to follow anyway. Once you've been examined the diagnosis will tell you all you need to do most fissures/piles etc can be repaired with small lifestyle adjustments keep us updated I hope it goes well, it's not a pleasent thing to experience/talk about but doctors probably see a good few people with these sorts of complaints each week!

Best wishes,

PinkRoxy
02-01-12, 09:15
Thanks yeah I know its not internal bleeding because before christmas I went to get tests done on that and there didnt show any. You are right though and the doctor did ask me if I get sore down in that area.

I havent heard of spasmodics but I am on other pain relief and anti inflammotries for when Im mensing.