PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand? :s

Paniclissx
29-12-11, 13:09
Im laying here on my bed and I have really bad HA and I'm terrified of dying yet I'm getting intrusive suicidal thoughts? I know if it actually came down to it I would never be able to do it but why am I getting them in the 1st place? Is this part of anxiety? It's really scary, maybe I've just got too much time on my hands to think ? I just don't understand why I'm thinking of something that terrifies me!? Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated xx

LauraJay
29-12-11, 15:21
I'm guessing its to do with being in control hun, for me a major part of HA is not being in control of what happens to me. I'd definitely say your thoughts are linked and it would be a good idea perhaps to speak to someone professionally about it. Sometimes people can get these thoughts but obviously would never do it, but just knowing you have control over your fate in this way is in itself a help, rather than something else being in control of it..

Hope this makes sense! xx

Scared_11
29-12-11, 16:15
This is defiantly just and OCD/health anxiety thought! It's just another one of those thoughts that come to cause us anxiety!! I have them all the time an they terrify me but u will never act on them because they both u so much!!

Take care

pablo22
29-12-11, 18:42
hey! i got intrusive thoughts for the best part of the month, convinced that i was going to become a heroin addict. but they eventually passed! sometimes i got a suicidal thought, even though i know i would never do it! think its just all part of our anxiety! take care x