PDA

View Full Version : another newbie!

angiebaby
07-06-06, 18:00
Hello everyone, i'm just getting used to how things work on this site, i did originally put this message in the wrong topic, sorry!
Firstly a bit about me. I had a small operation 18 months ago, using a local anaesethic and my BP dropped and i went 'funny', this in turn sent me into a full blown panic attack and since then i'm a different person. I can't do the things that i used to do, go places, don't want to work anymore or even leave the house most times. I was tried on Seroxat which they increased because i started feeling 'out of it' and then i didn't know who i was or where i was so it was stopped. My GP wasn't helping so i asked to be referred to a psychiatrist who has put me on Citalopram 10mg, which is doing nothing. I still have occasional panic attacks, i'm still 'unreal', which really scares me, i feel sad, hopeless, no energy, not knowing why we all bother to carry on - what is it all for, dizzyness all the time, although i have just found out that i have an angle problem with my neck which could cause a lot of this, i have tinitus and balance problems also and the most scary thing for me in this 'supposed' life at the moment is being too frightened to go anywhere and do anything because of my ectopics - missed heart beats - they terrify me. ECG's are ok, am waiting for 24 hour one with the cardiologist but have to wait months. Just feel like i've got something really nasty, probably in my brain and with my heart. Well, i'm so sorry to go on and on, but with me being new i thought i'd give you the low down. Thankyou for putting up with reading all this LONG LONG explaination. Cheers again.
Angiebaby

trac67
07-06-06, 18:07
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

giddy
07-06-06, 18:18
Welcome to the forum Angiebaby!
Love Helen

Wenjoy
07-06-06, 18:41
HI Angie
You are not going on and on - I suffer similarly to you in that I feel scared and want to live my life to the full and its like since having panic attacks Ive lost my zest for life and am not fun anymore - use this site as it has really helped me even if its just to let off steam as well as use it for advice. Good luck. love wenjoy x

nomorepanic
07-06-06, 18:41
Hi Angie

Glad you posted your intro in the end.

Sounds like you have a lot going on there but by hunting around on here you will see you are not alone and get some great support and advice so I hope it helps you too.

Nicola

Daisybun
07-06-06, 18:47
Hi Angie
welcome, this dizziness is a very common problem. I have had vertigo for 20 years, i saw a balance therapist 4 years ago and he gave some exercises to do to loosen neck muscles and tension that can upset blood flow to balance mechanism in ear. I did them everyday for a long time now I just do maintenace when i feel slightly dizzy and my brain readjusts and i'm fine again. You're not the only one. i couldn't sleep on my right side for 17 yrs now I can. You'll find lots of support on this site.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Alexandra
07-06-06, 22:09
Hi Angie

Welcome to the forum.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

clickaway
07-06-06, 22:49
Welcome along Angie.

So many of us *think* we are about to die but we seem to last the course, albeit with discomfort or pain.
You will get through this.

I hope we can comfort you here.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

jackie
08-06-06, 15:46
hi angie

youll get there and i hope we all can get rid of our fears

glad you found us all

jackie

Silver Stream
08-06-06, 17:09
Hey angie, just want to say "all the best with future efforts to solve your issues"

Mark x

chucklehound
09-06-06, 14:16
Welcome to NMP