PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sorry for myself

countrygirl
29-12-11, 19:56
I have two hernaited lumbar discs and on xmas morning I bent over and my back went, i have agonising pain in lower back and through groin and down front of thigh - my femoral nerve is trapped. I have had this happen a few times over the past few years but never as bad as this and can ony walk if I take painkillers and then its a limping penguin shuffle.

Also loads of people I was with over xmas all had a nasty virus that gave them a really bad cough and rattling chest and were really ill - seems as if half my town has got it and today I have had a tickly throat and the thought of this virus on top of all my pain does not bear thinking about.

I know no one can help me here but just wanted a bit of a moan, my pain is due to a real spinal problem that could worst case scenario not improve which scares me witless, in the past it has improved after 2-3 weeks but alwaysa the what ifs and having been with 3 friends over xmas with this nasty virus had I been them I would have been rushing off to Drs as I could hear their chests rattling as they breathed and they all admitted they felt very ill and they never worry about their health and are very stoic.

FEd up and miserable.

Diva
30-12-11, 05:23
Sending you hugs a best wishes for a speedy recovery - I too have had the dreaded virus flu-type thing over Christmas and feel for you having to deal with you back problem as well.

We need you here Countygirl, so get well soon!:hugs:xxx

Magic
30-12-11, 11:12
hello countrygirl,
I really do feel so sorry. Back pain ughh terrible. I just wanted to say that some of the colds that are going around are viruses --- my GP could not give me any medication, i think it was because my chest was clear of infection.
but the tickerly cough is the worst and that sort of thing would be bad as coughing
will not help your back problem
Hope you improve soon x

sickandtired
30-12-11, 11:27
I really feel for you.Back pain is absolutely awful....
I fell at netball and 'knocked my pelvis out of alignment' ,damaged my sacro ilium joint.....
I literally stayed in for months on end and hardly slept because of the pain.It contributed to my latest bout of depression and panic attacks.I started on AD's about a month ago,and got tonsilitis at the same time as the awful side effects of the AD's ,then after a few good days,my tendonitis started in my arm.....!!!
moan all you like!!! i hear you......back pain is the pits....even worse than childbirth.
:hugs: