PDA

View Full Version : cant open my jaw :(

duke246810
29-12-11, 20:15
Hi I was told a while aago i may hhave to have a jaw operation to make mymy tetth look better. Im not having that done. But after the past few days I've been getting a very painful left ear and left side of my hehead its been very pressured and uncomfortable. I went to the doctors and I have no ear infection but then again tthey didnt really listen to me. So today my jaw starts hurting on the left side and now I can hardly open my mouth. And when i ddo I feel by my ears and the jaw opens aat different times either side. Im scared there is something seriously wrong lot that I wont be able to open my jaw or it will break or there's a deadly infection that's going to go to my brain. I've been told i grind ssometimes aand my tooth enamel has gone because of this and im scared of a deadly infection. When im relaxed my jaw tends to sit open and to the side abit and when i ckench mmy teeth ttogether mmy kleft side don't touch but my right side do. Please help im petrified :(

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

I've just got over a cold and had loads dof phlem so wondering whether the phlem is puss from infection?? :(

mrs way to worried
29-12-11, 20:38
Sounds like you have tmj disorder I have it to and is painful and causes problems with losds of things google tismembular joint disorder or just tmj didorder there r sites that guide u through the symptoms its mainly caused by grinding , hope this helps xx

william wallace
29-12-11, 20:59
I get this from time to time. It's caused by wee bit of calcified cartilidge in the joint. What I do is find the joint, it's in a wee hollow just in front of your earlobe. If you massage the joint while gently trying to open your mouth you might dislodge it and problem solved.
Good luck WW

duke246810
29-12-11, 21:23
Thank you for your replies. With tmj is there any treatments? Or would I have to have an op? :(

mrs way to worried
29-12-11, 21:36
There r things they can do to help splints ect many believe surgery makes it worse and is always a last resort I'd try a tmj forum there r some really good ones about there's also the website tmjhope x

duke246810
29-12-11, 23:23
Im only 17 :(

nomorepanic
29-12-11, 23:33
You haven't been diagnosed with TMJ though and need to get a doc to look at this to properly diagnose.

Personally I would say it was related to your cold