PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's anxiety not letting up?

TheGoldenTomato
29-12-11, 21:54
I have severe anxiety disorder, severe panic disorder and moderate depression. I am constantly breathless and tired and I feel sick. I've had endless heart/lung checks for my shortness of breath and I'm fine... In fact, my physical health is usually brilliant. This anxiety is awful, I feel constantly scared. There isn't normally a reason either - although health anxiety is always niggling in the back of my mind. I've been a bit more stressed of late what with Christmas and everything. Does anyone else feel like this? It's a daily basis thing for me now. I feel like I can't do anything or see anyone. [Agoraphobia is starting] :weep: For relief I sometimes take a Diazapam but I don't want to rely on them. I've been prescribed Escitalopram but I'm scared of taking it because I've heard horror stories about people feeling dreadful on them. x

erin31
29-12-11, 22:19
I have had anxiety for years and no mine did not let up unless I was on medication. In my case it was effexor but although this medication helped my anxiety it gave me side effects I did not like at all. I am now looking for alternet ways to beat my anxiety but in the mean time it is with me every day.
I think if I can't lessen my attacks I will have to look for ways to control the symptoms when they happen. :hugs:

ewood79
30-12-11, 22:48
Try to take the medication to start with as it's there for you as a support etc

The symptoms are not usually any worse than the anxiety itself....

It's like everything we have to give ourselves time etc!

Keep up the good work!