PDA

View Full Version : Heading to the unwanted? Or hard to let go?

ewood79
30-12-11, 01:19
Hi everyone,

I have been a sufferer since I was a child and been managing and still am with my panic disorder....

I have had all the tests re my main worry the heart and all have come back fine.

I have a lot of emotional baggage that's been with me for a long time from when my parents split etc etc won't go into it all...

I have had anxiety on and off for the last 2 years and have been managing well, on Cip and seeing a counsellor etc...

What have been doing is getting anxiety for a period of maybe a few days then it passes then I'll have a month or 2 of freeness from it then it comes back etc and we start again.

Just lately the last 7 days it's been really hanging around, more than usual worry, more symptoms, lasting longer, sleep interruptions and feeling pretty flat etc...and the palps as well their back too!!!!

This has worried me as I'm thinking am I going crazy, I'm I heading to something bigger, when will this end?!!!

I've been to my doc we have a plan, hitting the counseling harder to look deeper etc, I'm still working etc having my daughter 3 nights a week who's 4 and yeah still surviving.....

I'm just finding it hard to keep in the moment and not worry about what tomorrow will bring or the next week etc.....

How does anyone here go with slowing down their mind and just being comfortable in the moment etc.....

I know we all do it as we are here and functioning but yeah just a little stuck etc

Thanks heaps

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Would love some replies guys

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Would love some replies guys

pablo22
30-12-11, 01:22
hey! i know how u feel it kind of comes in cycles.. even though im still on lexapro

i go for long walks at night tym, update my ipod everyweek, so i always have good music, i like walking at night time i think its nicer.. more peaceful kind of, always feel better / less anxious,

hope this helps

ewood79
30-12-11, 02:17
Thanks Pablo,

Yeah it's a good idea just to get out and be in the air.... It's just not trying to dwell too much on those feelings!

pablo22
30-12-11, 02:23
exactly! because they're completely irrational. its fear,, the longer ur walk the more u'll notice not remembering what you were worrying about, and its great for sleeping cause by the time u get home u'll be knackered!

i used to smoke 20 a day thinking the cigarettes were helping when in fact they were making me more anxious, i mean .. giving cancer sticks to someone with health anxiety.. didn't make sense. Either did having a panic attack, feeling completely breathless, and reaching for a fag afterward.

get a good MP3, or android phone ..music diwnloading app.. ur sorted, + u'll lose weight, its a win win lol

ewood79
30-12-11, 02:34
Yeah I have a iPhone. And I live like 200 meters From the beach so I should get sorted!!!

They say that our anxiety comes up to tell us that we need to change or search for something from the past we need to sort out, I definitely have lots to sort out its just about having the energy to get through it all and at the sometime shacking those anxious thoughts and negative attitude..... But I am sick of just doing a band aid job on my anxiety and then for it to come back etc etc.....

pablo22
30-12-11, 03:03
ye thats exactly it, i used to drink alot, and then through talking with a counsellor the drink was a crutch, because i felt uncomfortable and akward around people, shy kind of, like i wasnt good enough.

you just have to face into ur fears, dont let them grow, break them apart before they have the chance of consuming all ur thoughts,

nice! and u live so close to a beach! dont put it off either, go for a walk everyday and stick to it. its easier is u get into a routine