PDA

View Full Version : HELLO

smb25
29-12-11, 23:47
I havent been on for some time, though I do read through the posts.

I have just had the 2nd worse xmas of my life! major blip on xmas day that is taking its time and toll on me. I just feel like i have gone back to the start.....

Still on 10mgs of cipralex and about half way through CBT. Its been 11 months on the meds now and this blip has come out of nowhere! I was so looking foward to xmas this year too.

And now new year is looming and that to is making me anxious.....

I dont even really feel like I have the right to post here now, i havent for so long. :weep:

bluesparkle
30-12-11, 11:38
hi
of coarse you have the right to post here...
some people post alot others just when needed...everyone is just as important.
xmas and new year are difficult for alot of us im afraid i dont have much advice except hang on in there and it will all soon be over.
if you are feeling alone pop in chat there is usually someone around.
rach
x

feelingbad
30-12-11, 12:04
I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Had awful Xmas last year and just worried about being ill again this year so I have brought all my anxiety and panic symptoms back and now I've been signed off work, taking meds, and feel back to square one - convincing myself this time I won't get better. I did recover last year and have had a relatively good year so now feel really upset, disappointed, angry and beyond desperate that I've brought it all back on myself. I'm hoping to start counselling soon to teach myself how to deal with the anxiety when I feel it coming back but I feel so negative that I just feel like this is it for me and I will never get the 'old me' back.
Ali

smb25
31-12-11, 11:29
Thanks Guys.

Last couple of days have been an improvement but the anxiety is still there, hanging around like a bad smell!

Feelingbad: I can so relate to you, I hate any type of "celebration" be it birthday, new year etc. It justs makes me think another year older etc. I know that is happening every day but I hate it being signified. Its my 40th later in the year and already I can feel myself not liking it. I know its ridiculous but can't help it. CBT is helping but i guess its not the miracle cure I was hoping for!

Also, I know I have to do it, but the battle each day is knackering....

x

Anxious-in-Canada
03-01-12, 13:42
SMB,

Use this site to whatever advantage it gives you. It is here for that!!!

The holiday period is a great source of anxiety and stress for everyone. I was very concerned that i would have a relapse and feel down again this year. I DIDN'T!!!

Not bragging, but trying to make the point that our worst fears come true when we dwell on them...I tried to stay busy and do the things I enjoy. This helped so much. I had a wonderful holiday and am back to work and the everyday stresses again. Still feeling well though.

I still get the negative thoughts here and there, I usually try to focus on something else...this is an important tool I use. Focus on the positive.....

I had my 40 th a couple of years ago, can be daunting if you let it be....but hey I think we are justy getting to the sweet spot in life......forty is the new thirty....

Chat with your doc, and see if this med is good for you....perhaps switching might be an option....

Please keep posting as often as you feel like it. there are so many people here who want to help.

Take care.

smb25
10-01-12, 20:40
Just as I was getting over my blip my husband went to the docs with a pain in his testicles. He was sent straight to hospital. After sitting in A&E all day, he was examined and then sent home. They think its a cyst but he has to have an ultrasound to be sure. This is on Sat and he will see the consultant again on 20 Jan.

I am struggling.... I so want to be strong for him but I can't help but think of the big dreaded "C" word!

What I have learnt from my CBT therapy is helping and I am trying not to jump to conclusions etc but its here, in my mind all the time... I guess it would be for anyone.

The time can't come quick enough and yet at on the same hand, I don't want it to... god I am waffling.....

Sorry just need a huggle :weep:

clc
10-01-12, 21:14
You can be strong for him and we can be here to be strong for you! Waffle all you want!

I think even a non-anxious person would jump to conclusions here so you are allowed but try and keep hold of the hope that it is nothing.

I have had the worst christmas ever and I know next year I will get in a state worrying it will be the same as this year. I think its just because it is out of a routine which I know I need in my life!

I hope things go well for you and I will keep my fingers crossed!! :hugs:

smb25
14-01-12, 21:32
Thanks guys.

Hubbie had his scan today and its not cancer.... phew. He has an enlarged blood vessel. There are various treatments apparently but we find out what on friday at the consultation.

Still feel a little uneasy but lot of weight lifted today.

x