PDA

View Full Version : Clots?

Savannah
30-12-11, 07:46
I was on day 2 of my period yesterday and I had my usual bleeding, heavy but normal for me. I rested on the sofa alot yesterday as we had a lazy day at home. Eachtime I got up to the loo I would have a little gush of blood, which is normal for me, and on the pad aswell as the blood I'd have 1 or 2 tiny purple jelly lumps, tiny, probably petit pois pea size (hubby says not even that big, lol) on the pad which obviously can't be absorbed.

Is this normal? I think I've had them once in the past but it's been a while. I rung my mum and she said its totally normal, it's just the lining. I just wasn't sure as its not something I've really noticed happening each month, unless I've missed it.

Carys
30-12-11, 08:19
Yes, absolutely fine Savannah, hubby is right they are very small. Clotting of blood happens when it has had time to 'sit' before it leaves the body, so it probably just means that you had heavy flow yesterday and it had long enough to clot before coming out (as you weren't as active as normal the blood lost was able to be 'sit around' longer internally). Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Savannah
30-12-11, 08:34
Thanks Carys, very reassuring to know. I was worried it meant something was weong as i dont usually clot. It was just like small jelly balls, like balls of snot as my hubby called them, lol! They were purple and I was a tad concerned as I'm not used to having them. I did have a nice lazy day on the sofa, which is very unusual for me;)