PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhoea...any advice would be greatly appreciated

MVP123
30-12-11, 11:04
Hi Guys, for the past 3 days now I have had bad diarrhoea, I guess I must have picked a bug up from somewhere. Anyway I am now starting to worry cause after everytime I've been to the toilet I drink a glass of water to stay hydrated, but 10 minutes later it comes straight back out of me. I went 3 times in the night and 3 times this morning and all that's coming out of me now is liquid. I haven't been able to eat much in the last 24 hours as I have lost my apetite and now I am worried about drinking anything cause it comes straight back out. So now I am just laying in bed waiting for the next dash to the loo!! Does anyone know of anything I can do or take to stop this and to stop myself getting dehydrated??

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

I am seriously thinking about having to go to our local medical centre, as I have just been again, and my stomach is churning and percolating like a coffee machine, it sounds awful, and I am trying to drink water but as soon as I do my stomach starts percolating again!!!

sickandtired
30-12-11, 11:22
you could try those dioralyte (spelling probably wrong!) theyre salt/sugar replacement powders you mix with water.They taste pretty vile,but come in blackcurrant flavour.If fluids keep going through though,I would see doctor.

bluesparkle
30-12-11, 11:23
hi
i take immodium...
you can take a fair few and they wont hurt you... the doctor told me.
it does sound like a bit of a bug to be honest..but i sufer alot with my stomach especially when anxious.
if you can get to a chemist or shop give them a try.
hope you feel better soon
rach
x

sickandtired
30-12-11, 11:30
yes,Immodium are good....I had them after a terrible stomach upset abroad and it stopped the diarrhea straight away

MVP123
30-12-11, 11:41
Thanx for the replies. I have just taken a couple of Immodium so hope they work if not I may have to go to the docs as it has been a few days now :-(