PDA

View Full Version : purple nail - really scared!

Dazza
30-12-11, 10:06
I've often had numbness in fingers etc, I think mostly from neck tension..

but sometimes some of my nails appear purple and feel a bit numb. it seems to be happening in the ring finger of my left hand mostly. It's not all the time... I feel scared and worried about it... something heart related?

duke246810
30-12-11, 10:15
Hiya,
I often have nails that turn all sorts of colours, including purple and white etc.
I don't think its anything to worry about, I asked my doctor and they didn't seem concerned. Try to relax a little :) and try to stop looking at your nails.
Hope this helped.

Dazza
30-12-11, 10:23
Hiya,
I often have nails that turn all sorts of colours, including purple and white etc.
I don't think its anything to worry about, I asked my doctor and they didn't seem concerned. Try to relax a little :) and try to stop looking at your nails.
Hope this helped.

Thanks for the reply... I've had it, but today I think I made the mistake of googling it, and of course came up with circulation problems.... I doctor noticed a few months ago that my nails were a little bluish in colour, but didn't seem bothered.

It's the combination of the intermitten purple colour and the numbness/ tingling that's making me worry. I hate HEALTH ANXIETY!! I want to switch off my brain!!

Dazza
31-12-11, 08:02
To set my mind at ease, because I was freaking and getting arm pains too.. I went to see the doctor.

they did ultrasound on my arms and all the arteries / veins are normal, so no circulation problem. He said he thinks I need more calcium, more veg and more exercise.

Relief!