PDA

View Full Version : How my life has fallen in Four Months

B.B.M
30-12-11, 13:16
Who would have though, that in four months, I would go from a comfy bed, living with my mother, to sleeping on a broken sofa, in my dad's studio flat.

Around August, my mother decided to throw me out, and have been living with my father for the last four months, and it's amazing how much my life has fallen since then. Before I was thrown out, my life was going places, I joined the Gym, I was close to getting a job, and started to feel good about myself, and both me and my mother agree, that throwing me out, will help me be more indepedent....on paper. Since I started having anxiety/depression, I always turned to my father, and have been discussing the prospect of me, moving in with him. I thought he would help me back onto my feet, more than my Mother could....how wrong I am.

Since I've moved in with my father, I've stopped going to the gym (But continued paying due to his request, since I'm also paying for him....he hasn't been to the gym in months either, what a waste of £370), I've put back on all the weight I lost, and more. I've had more Panic Attacks, living with him, then I did with my mum. and the worse thing being that everytime, I need help, he would now joke about it, or mock me....what happened to the dad, that would help me, now all he does is take my money, and use my stuff. I knew my life changed for the worst, when he took my aftershave, and told me to "F*ck off" when I told him, he can't use it. He also makes up stupid rules like "Any food you buy, we have to share" and "When we get a bigger place, you can't use your laptop in the living room"

It seems like, he knows he can control me, since I can't control myself...he knows I don't have the confidence to stand up to him. When someone keeps bragging to you, that he loves his life, and is better than mine, you have to feel betrayed. My mother has been telling me for years, that I shouldn't look up to him....I wish I listened to her.

I'm physically and mentally tired, and have honestly stopped caring.

erin31
30-12-11, 19:09
I think that your father is treating you very badly indeed and feel the best thing you can do now is to go back to your mother and apologise for not listening to her and for looking up to your father. Tell her how much you appreciate all she did for you and ask if you could move back in with her.
Explain where things are going wrong and that you want to get back on track with her help. Get back to the gym and hopefully when you get a job you will be able to contribute more to living with your mother and thus repay her for letting you live in her house once more.
If you mother for some reason can not take you back then I still think you need to find a way to move out of your fathers home even if it is a case of staying with friends until you find somewhere better to live. You cannot continue to let this selfish man drag you down. :hugs:

B.B.M
31-12-11, 11:39
I feel my Father is more naive than selfish, in that he thinks he's always right, and will argue his case. Even when he is wrong, for example, someone offered us a futon, which would be great for me, but according to him, I said no to it, when I remember correctly, saying yes to it, and he should know, because he asked me the question, but no...according to him, I said no, and whatever he says, is right, so why argue.

Another problem is that, he treats me, like I'm 13 years old....I'm 23. to the point, when I told him straight "I'm 23, treat me like my age", he will always respond with "Well, your body is 23, but your brain is still 13". I have ADHD, and Asperger's Syndrome, over the years, I have learned to control it, to the point, that nobody wouldn't know it, unless I tell them. To him, this has affected by brain, to make me have the mental capacity of a 13 year old. And like the arguments, he will stick with this opinion. It feels like, he doesn't want me to surpass him.

P.S. I can't live with friends, because I don't have any, and I can't go back to my mother, because she is planning to move