PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations with no anxiety??

SH412
30-12-11, 14:45
Hi

Over the past few weeks I have managed to almost quash the feelings of anxiety using the books of Dr Clare Weekes and using her techniques of acceptance and letting time pass. However I have still been gettif palpitations? I don't have any of the panic associated with it that I used to have but I'm wondering is it common for the actual physical symptoms to continue after the feelings of anxiety are gone??

X

Wolfie
30-12-11, 15:07
My doctor told me once that palpatations and etopic beats are part of a normal heart rhythm, however, when we suffer from stress/anxiety, we have a heightened awareness of our heartbeat, at least on a subconscious level, hence why we notice them, whereas, they are less likely to be noticed by people who don't suffer from much stress/anxiety.

It will take time for you to stop noticing them - also, it's okay to notice them - it is important however not to act in a negative way, so for example, freaking out about it. If you at least let them pass and try not to panic about them, you will over time stop noticing them as much. You may still notice the odd one or two, but that's alright.