PDA

View Full Version : Fainting

katyfitz
07-06-06, 20:02
Does anyone worry that they are about to faint? ive started this new job and i just like to keep busy cause if i dont my mind wanders and my head becomes foggy and like im in my own world but people are there. Because i feel all head rushed and over tired i keep thginking im about to collapse i have thought this for ten months could that mean this is a phobia? If it wasnt for the feelings i wouldnt feel that way. i also get a bad head just imbetween my eyes like a little pain its stiff to open could this be tension cause when im relaxed i dont tend to get it.

I worry i have diabetes or lack of something to make me feel how i do even tho blood tests and blood pressure are spot on.

could this just be anxiety playing tricks 24/7

tara
07-06-06, 20:40
You worry too much katy about things that are not not wrong with you. Just except anxiety for what it is and then find ways of dealing with the anxiety itself, then you will make some progress.

katyfitz
07-06-06, 20:49
off course i worry im an anxiety sufferer, i might post too much on here and im sorry for that but i find comfort from my friends on here i feel safe, maybe i wont post anymore if it gets on the sneior memebers nerves cause i get told this alot to stop posting so much, im sorry im just frightened

nomorepanic
07-06-06, 21:08
Katy

We never tell anyone not to post so much. It may just be better to create one post and add to it each day.

Have you seen doctor yet about CBT? or thought about the No Panic course?

Nicola

katyfitz
07-06-06, 21:30
sorry to me it just seemed that way. yes im being refered to CBT very soon hopefully i will learn to accept my anxiety and it will ware off eventualy

nomorepanic
07-06-06, 21:34
Oh great news about the CBT - it will really help so good luck with it.

Read my post as well ...

CBT therapy for driving problems - my diary (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7162)

Nicola

Daisybun
07-06-06, 21:37
Hey Katy
I worry too much too, about everything, i fear so much, get a pill for this then won't take it because of the side effects - arghh - anxiety is a ... but you can overcome it and accepting is so hard but it is the way forward. Glad you got CBt I'm on a long waiting list, last time I went on one I never heard anything.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Alexandra
07-06-06, 22:14
Hi Katy

Yes ive had that feeling many a time (especially when i see my bank balance LOL) Sorry in all seriousness i have & it is'nt nice.

Anyway great news on getting the CBT treatment it will help you so much Katy.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

PurpleRain
07-06-06, 23:38
Hi Katy,
I also worry alot...worry is my middle name :D
Your not alone,i think the fear of fainting is a commen one for anxiety sufferers!
Its something i worry about alot,i think its the loss of control that scares me about it.
Its not surprising really that we feel so light headed with all the tension built up inside us,i know how hard it can be but try your best to relax your body and mind,take deep breaths and remember its anxiety nothing physically wrong with you!
Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
Take care xx

Wenjoy
08-06-06, 08:06
Katyf - you are not being silly at all - and you should feel PROUD of yourself for talking about this - WELL DONE - and when I am feeling dizzy,breathless and faint in a shop in the heat I will think about the fact that lots of us are going thru this and we will all be STRONGER and BETTER for coping with it and being open and talking about it - so WELL DONE XX Wenjoy

tara
08-06-06, 08:40
Hi katy, sorry you feel the way you do about my post, I have recieved your PM!!
All I was trying to say is going to be a repeat of what I have already said. Try and accept anxiety for what it is ...anxiety...find ways of dealing with it, then you can make some progress towards recovery. Worring about things only adds fuel to the fire and keeps anxiety alive and dominating our lives. Deal with the issue at hand ...anxiety itself then all the other problems will taper off. Sorry you feel my post was mad, it wasn't meant to be. I don't class myself as a senior member just someone who has had anxiety and still gets bouts of it. I can remember the way I felt during my anxiety and the best thing my doctor told me was to deal with the issue at hand which was the anxiety, which is what i was passing on to you.
Hope your day is going to be a good one..Tara x:D

Ammeg
08-06-06, 10:29
Hehehehehe
Firstly wen u called tara a senior member i thought u meant she was old!!! lol. I make meself giggle!!!
Katy loads of people on here have the 'faintin fear' to, the important thing u should think about is how many times u have gone out felt like u was gonno faint and u didnt?? Thats wot u have to remember- ur anxiety is tryin to scare u, dont let it!!!
Hope ur feelin okkies!!
Ammegxxx

tara
08-06-06, 10:45
LOL Gem, I get enough stick of my b/f coz i'm nearly 32, he calls me an OAP!!! Cheeky so and so.