PDA

View Full Version : The Lady who Loves Swans

clickaway
07-06-06, 21:40
Did anybody see Springwatch tonight?

There was a short film about an agoraphobic lady from Devon. She overcame her fear by picking up a camera and photographing swans - she got involved so much that her fear disappeared. She is in love with swans.

She is now able to make the 200 mile round trip to Abbotsbury in Dorset to look after the swans there.

An inspiration !

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Alexandra
07-06-06, 21:56
Hi Ray

Yes i saw Springwatch & about the lady that had agoraphobia. She is certainly an inspiration.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trevor
07-06-06, 22:47
hi ray,,

yeah i saw it i look forward to springwatch everynight I LOVE IT, that lady is an inspiartion but mostly i thnk the actual progam is,,
well worth my tv licience fee,

trevor,:D

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

Quirky
08-06-06, 00:10
I saw the lady and the swans too, she was amazing and had done so well.

I like watching springwatch. I enjoyed last night when they showed the sea eagles on the Isle of Mull, I was lucky enough to see them on their nest with a little chick in person a few years back, it was a wonderful experience.

Living in the countryside in the middle of nowhere I love all wildlife and see so much just from my garden and surrounding fields. We have two woodpeckers that visit our garden daily, right now they are feeding babies and then most years the babies visit the garden too and we can have four here at once, it's lovely.

I love kingfishers too and have been lucky enough to see them.

Ok enough waffling.

Lisa

Piglet
08-06-06, 10:46
Oh Ray what a lovely story - I didn't see it but I love those sort of inspirational stories.:D:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Graham
08-06-06, 14:45
I have a blackbirds nest outside my bedroom window. It's really cute as all the chicks are silent and then when a parent arrives they go mad and tweet away.

Also had a little fledgling Blue Tit on the bird table last night. Just a huge ball of fluff, but it could fly OK.

Springwatch is such a great programme to watch. I want a pet otter!

Graham.

~~~ It is a poor heart, and a poorer age, that cannot accept the conditions of life with some heroic readiness. RLS. ~~~

Paddington
08-06-06, 15:04
i missed it but will watch it on replay in a tic,i love the programme,And it is true ,so true.I hate going out ,but there is a place an hours drive from me called Ludlow,and we found an old pub there next to a river and it is soo calm and beauitful .Full of wild life,ducks ,herons ,kingfishers..oh the list is endless.I have never had a panic attack whilst going there or being there!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Wannabeloved85
10-06-06, 18:04
that is interesting, explains why the linden method works so well as well!