PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ):

Veti A
30-12-11, 21:05
I got my very first panic attack like a week ago and have been very scared ever since. I always put negative thoughts in my head so it does make the panic worser. And also i have thoughts that im not getting enough oxygen and i struggle to breath properly. I been trying to hang in there so i dont freak out again. I would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice or tips so i could try them out and maybe they could work for me. thanks :flowers:

erin31
30-12-11, 22:07
Hi. I am sorry that I can not offer any practical help but I wanted you to know that you are not the only one who feels like this and you are not alone. Unfortunately it is just that there is no one on the forum at the moment that can help you. :hugs:

Veti A
30-12-11, 22:45
thanks foe the post erin31!
hopefully soon someone can help me out :weep:

Glemm
30-12-11, 22:49
Hey vegi a .... I'm no expert but I'm a sufferer like u too. Breathing fears. Don't worry chap. Put the radio on put ur feet up n relax n breath! We all breath even wen we forget we r doing it!! That's wat I have come to realise! Don't worry chap ur not alone, we all get there now n again. U just need something to take ya mind off it. That's why the radios good. Helps me thru. But if ya need someone to talk to too I'm here ok chap.

erin31
30-12-11, 23:09
Hi again Veti. Have you search for relaxation technic's on this site? I had a large panic attack last night and found sitting crossed legged on the floor with my back very straight, and breathing very slowly and deeply did help a little. :hugs:

Glemm
30-12-11, 23:13
Erin that's good advice sitting crossed legged is cool. Put the kettle on n make a green tea too I find that helps too. Also listening to the radio as I sed bfor is very cool! I'm addicted to radio6 at mo, always good tunes on it. Then do something while it's on in background n relax n take ur mind off things! Did I say relax well I'm saying it again. It's ok things will always pass, moments always do wether good or bad they pass!!

Veti A
30-12-11, 23:21
Thank you Glemm for the advice. im turning on my radio rite now, going to listen to one of my favorite songs :D can anyone either one of you tell me how to find relaxation techniques on here? thanks one again Erin and Glemm :hugs:

Glemm
30-12-11, 23:29
I have never used this place bfor I'm new here veti so I wudnt kno. But I kno if u breath thru ur nose, put ur hand on belly n breath deep n feel belly rise hold for three secs then breath slowly outa mouth. That relaxes. But the best way is to say wat the hell really! N say u know wat I'm gonna ****ing fight this thing. I'm stronger then this. We all need to find some balls sometime. Panics r a bugger but hey they come n go. N we live on!! Remember that! N turn up them tunes n relax n enjoy some time!! N talk talk talk!! That's the best therapy!!