PDA

View Full Version : Teeth clenching/grinding

sophiethestar
30-12-11, 22:30
I know this sounds stupid, but I really am in quite a bit of pain because when I get anxious or stressed I have a tendancy to clench my jaw tight and grind my teeth without realising I'm doing it. It's a lot worse at the moment because I've had 4 university assignments to complete over the Christmas break and I'm worrying and panicking overthem. Do any of you do also do this when you're stressed, and do you know of any ways to help stop doing it? x

mallan82450
30-12-11, 22:59
Chewing gum!?

theharvestmouse
31-12-11, 09:18
I sometimes clench my teeth when anxious, its like I do it as a distraction, sometimes my jaw aches. Don't know how you would stop doing it. Maybe as mallan suggested chewing gum?

xtremx
31-12-11, 10:44
A little tip to help with teeth clenching is every half hour or so it to take time to notice the position of you jaw and if it is clenched shut is to open it slightly ie so you are ablr to put the tip of you tounge between your teeth for a minute or so and repeat that every half hour or so and it will help you hopefully to stop cenching you teeth buy training your jow to be slightly open at most times works for me.

WillyB
01-01-12, 01:42
I do this too, whats making it worse is having braces. I've had them on a few months now and I grind and grind on these things they stuck on my rear teeth to stop the braces touching. Whenever I get stressed or have a nasty flash of anxiety I grind away on them until it hurts.