PDA

View Full Version : trip or no trip HELP

ccbri525
27-04-04, 19:28
hi i am new here and hope that you can help me. i am already on effexor and xanx i also go to therpy. even with all that i am still having problems. i made a mistake by booking a trip to disney world for me and my family includeing my mom. my problem is my anexity is so bad i don't know if i can make the trip. i keep telling my self that everything will be ok but my body doesn't listen. i don't want to let my family down by cancleing the trip but i may not have a choice. sometimes i am ok and think it is not a problem to go but there other times that i am like **** what did i do.i even went to the airport this passed weekend to get a feel for how i will feel and even though we couldn't go to the gates i felt ok just a little anexity but then again i had all my meds on board. i booked this trip when i was in a good mood but should have canceled it right away. i think if i go i will be fine but i am so afraid. please any thoughts on what to do. i find that these boards are the only people that truly understand what i am feeling.

jonny
27-04-04, 19:51
I do fully understand how you are feeling as i too feel the same way about any trips i book but what i have learned is this..
The thought or the build up to any planned event is ALWAYS worse than the actual event. In fact the actual event itself is nearly always enjoyable and all the anxiety i went through prior to it was just plain stupid.

I am positive you will really enjoy your holiday and you, like i, will feel silly for all the worry you forced upon yourself. I know its hard but you have to think happy thoughts and try not to concentrate on your trip.

your kids will love it!!

Jonny.

Meg
27-04-04, 20:30
I totally agree with Jonny,

The anticipation far outweighs the doings.

I made myself do flights alone and I was still feeling terribly frightened at the aiport, but as soon as I actually forced myself to get involved and truly distracted, it all subsided and I had brilliant trips away.

I still took my trusty bottle of tonic water though, always helps rid me of the nausea and of course rescue remedy...

When is the trip ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

stimpy
28-04-04, 10:25
Hi ccbri525 and Welcome

Everyone is right, sometimes just the thought of doing something is enough to put you off doing it.

It sounds very much as if you are afraid of failure.
For example, you are worried that others may resent you or be very dissapointed if you don't go and it may spoil their holiday.

The holiday may be a great distraction for you, as you will be so busy looking at new and exciting things that you forget to panic because you are having fun.

You don't know how you will feel until the time comes for you to go.
Worrying about a trip that isn't due to happen for a good few days is only going to make things worse. Take each day as it comes and deal with that thing then.

I'm sure airline staff will be only to keen to help you if you explain to them that you suffer with anxiety.

Good luck

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'