PDA

View Full Version : hello....new member

flutterby
07-06-06, 21:45
Hi all,

Just found this site and thought i'd give it a shot. Did't realise other people felt the same as me.

I've always worried about my health for as long as i can remember but it wasn't until November last year i had my first panic attack just after my Grandad passed away. Since then i've had a few attacks and am constantly worrying about dying and every pain/ache that i have is going to kill me. I've been to my GP and told i'm suffering from health anxiety and have been to a self help councellor.

My Grandma passed away a few weeks ago and the attacks have been more frequent and i've been suffering with headaches since the funeral, went to the GP and its tension-type headache but to me it's a tumour.

I don't have attacks every day but i do think i have an illness everyday i can read an article in a magazine or hear someone's story and then i have the ilness that i've just read about

I can't keep living like this and can't see myself getting any better but don't think anyone around me really understands.

Think i have written a bit too much hope it's not too boring

Flutterby xx

Alexandra
07-06-06, 22:02
Hi Flutterby

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your grand parents.

There is as you probably have seen a wide range of info & advice. Any worries just ask anyone for help.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

calico
07-06-06, 22:10
hello to everyone here. i am new also.
i've had health anxiety for as long as i can remember, though have only come to realise it fully over the past year. i'm currently having psychotherapy, but really think i could also benifit from exchanging stories and advice with all of the people here. i am very glad to have found this board on what seems to be such an unrecognised condition.

warm wishes to all here

:)

Alexandra
07-06-06, 22:12
HI Calico

Welcome to the forum.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

cuteliljocey
08-06-06, 05:18
Hi Flutter!

Im so sorry about your grandmother. And your not alone and we all understand you! I am sure you will find this place fun, easy to use... supportive and crazy at times. We are all here for eachother like one big family *giggles* Take care and good luck. Feel free to contact me at anytime.

jocelyn ;)

Daisybun
08-06-06, 08:04
Hi Flutterby and welcome. I've got health anxiety too, also anxiety brought on by stress at work. You'll find lot sof support here.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hayles
08-06-06, 09:28
Hey Flutterby!

Just read my post "oh for goodness sake"
And you will see that i am the same, as soon as someone tells me a story about an illness or death, then that me im done for, i've got it, its going to happen to me!

This site is a life line for me, it chills me out and i get the reassurance i so greatly seek!

I hope you get the same benfits.

Hugs

Hay x

flutterby
08-06-06, 19:26
Thanks everyone for the messages i really hope this site is going to help, i'm not sure where else to go xxx

jackie
08-06-06, 19:51
not too much and not too boring flutterby

our ears and our hearts are open and i know how you are feeling every day

jackie

debera
08-06-06, 23:35
Hi flutterby
Yes I know how you feel. My Mother died two and half months ago I feel the same way I am constantly worrying about my health. Every ache and pain I panic. I am afraid I have some dreadful disease. It's no fun. You are not alone in this one.
debera

chucklehound
09-06-06, 14:27
Hi, welcome to NMP