PDA

View Full Version : Going through an anxiety rough patch

kstro12
30-12-11, 23:11
I've been suffering with health anxiety since summertime, had no real problems with it before but my asthma began playing up and since then i've been plagued by worrying thoughts. Sometimes things are fine and I can go for weeks without worrying too much but then I get a mild symptom and I'm brought back to not wanting to leave the house and visiting doctors regulary. I came home from university 2 weeks ago and since then I've been having a bad patch. At first I thought I was anenemic as my doctor and family have mentioned it to me before and I've had all of the symptoms for months, so I bought some iron tonic and felt a little better. But now my mother thinks she might have fibro and I keep thinking I have it too, I have strange feelings in my hands and arms, and parts of my upper arms feel very tender to touch as if I have a bruise. I'm having muscle aches which I keep thinking are signs of fibro... even though my arms haven't ever ached before my mum started saying her's did. My skin feels itchy and sort of numb, like when I scratch it lightly it doesn't feel normal. Plus I'm now worried I have mercury poisioning or something because I eat tuna every day. It's just so frustrating when I'm going through these bad patches as I can never relax and I end up crying... luckily my boyfriend's very good with my weepy-ness.

Glemm
31-12-11, 00:05
Hey kstro12 hello!! Hey don't worry the sensations in ur limbs r just ur circulation that's all and u being more aware of it that's all. I have that sensation too. Have given up smoking recently n get pins n needles feelings everywhere now n again! It will pass I promise u. Our minds do dwell on the worst wen we feel things dont we. Tell ya boyfriend to cheer u up more n blame him hahahahhaa n laugh about it with him! Tell him it's his fault n u need more pampering lol!!