PDA

View Full Version : hi

scotsman
30-12-11, 23:38
Hi all.

I recently signed up a few weeks back. Been in the chat room once or twice since.

Heres my story then..

I am 29 year old male who has suffered from panic attacks since I was 18. I was on serxoat for 9 months back in 2001 after my first panic attack. It changed me quite a lot. I put on 4 stone in weight, stopped going out lots. Basically became a different person.

Anyway over the next few years I try to manage my panics and anxiety by myself to some degree it worked really well. Back in 2007 I was at gym and had pins and needles in my arms, turns out I hadn’t eaten enough that day. Anyway I started having panics again and I couldn’t handle going back to the gym, but now even everyday things where upsetting me. ie going the shops..etc.. I spoke to the doctor and he gave me citalopram 10mg. I felt a lot better over the pass 4 years. I have had the occasional panic but it usually has been a one off.

Been feeling anxious, depressed and panicky the past 2 weeks and found this website 2 weeks ago

So that’s my story so far

diane07
30-12-11, 23:39
Hi scotsman

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

scotsman
30-12-11, 23:46
i meant to say i also suffer from IBS

disco
31-12-11, 00:14
Hi Scotsman, welcome to this great site. Where in Scotland are you from?

scotsman
31-12-11, 16:00
I live in lanarkshire, near glasgow :)

Angie147
31-12-11, 16:09
Hi there,

I am new to the forum too. I joined today :)
Hope to make friends and talk to people that understand what it's like to suffer from anxiety and depression.
Angie

pinkdove
31-12-11, 16:15
Hi Scotsman :welcome: to nmp, from a fellow scot, we had a quick word on chat yesterday, wishing you well, and a very happy new year x

zombie
31-12-11, 16:41
Only found the site a few days ago myself, so hi..:)

whiteblossom
31-12-11, 20:00
Hiya Scotsman
My name is Emma iam new and I am also from Scotland Aberdeen. To find people who really understand how you feel must help I hope.
Cheers x

scotsman
02-01-12, 16:27
Seems to lots and lots of scots on this site :) good to know i am not the only scot with a problem :)

MeganRebecca
03-01-12, 06:39
Hi Scotsman,

I'm not from Scotland, I'm from Suffolk so nowhere near!

But just wanted to say I also suffer from anxiety and IBS a problem, I take a really good probiotic from Holland and Barratt - http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp
pid=753&prodid=809&cid=145&sid=0

- it's really good, keeps you healthy and has definately lowered my symptons, so 1 less worry :)

Hope you find this site useful and make some new friends

Megan

scotsman
06-01-12, 21:06
megan im not going the site. Could you repost it?