PDA

View Full Version : Off antidepressants and still going well!

Tyke
31-12-11, 01:27
Hi Everyone

I am now off antidepressants and everything is going really well. It's been an awful year, but I feel it is ending much more positively. I was worried about coming off the medication (Sertraline) as I feared my symptoms would come back again, but, thankfully they haven't done. I am really looking forward to the new year, something I certainly could not have done a few months ago.

There is hope - at my worst I couldn't imagine ever feeling 'normal' again! I think that good support is a vital part of recovering, something which this site is very good at providing. A very special thank you to all those who shared the difficult times with me on here, especially those on the Medications - Sertraline area of the forum. It was so good to be able to share experiences with people going through exactly the same things and get an idea of how this drug affected people and hear some positive outcomes amongst all the difficulties.

I wish all the members of No More Panic the best for 2012 and hope that most of you will manage to make progress and find next year a better one than this one has been.

Tyke :)

Vanilla Sky
31-12-11, 05:56
So good to hear . I came of Citalopram about 6 weeks ago and so far i feel great , back to my myself again. It was a long road but here i am .
I wish you luck with the future

Love Paige xx

JT69
04-01-12, 20:18
Well done to both of you....very positive posts!!

Jo.x

pinkdove
04-01-12, 21:33
Yes well done to you both, and long may your good health continue.

I am trying to get off citalopram, got from 60mg to 20mg, but tonight have gone back to 25mg, maybe i'm just not ready yet, but reading your post has gave me hope that i will be one day soon x