PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else get this?

kellylou89
31-12-11, 10:48
I am finding that the more i concentrate on one symptom the worse it becomes? .. and then if i get another symptom somewhere else i concentrate on that and the becomes more apparent than the one before!!.
I used to concentrate on eye floaters for YEARS! .. and then my headaches and the light headed feeling and i found that so distressing, i then concentrated on my dry eye and visual disturbances that become the main symptom and was the one i was worrying about continuously .. it was then my lymph-node that has been the same size for years and years! it never gets bigger but it does shrink and i concentrated on that and worked myself up over that so that become my main symptom! .. then i caught a bad ear infection which caused the back of my ear to swell! then again i had a new main symptom.
Currently!! i am having a pain in my leg just above my knee!, like a dull aching pain that comes for about a second and then goes then comes back then goes, like that of a stabbing pain, only its more dull ache feeling.

so my question is .. does anybody else do this? .. they concentrate on something for so long and maybe it feels its becoming worse, but then as soon as something new comes along, after a length of time focusing on the new symptom the older one goes to the back of your mind and then you focus on the new one and you feel that becomes worse over time .. but the old symptoms can rear there ugly head if you are feeling really bad and having an attack etc.

Dazza
31-12-11, 11:00
totally. my symptoms have changed and shifted in time due to this...

I used to get stabbing pains and pressure pains in my chest, along with sharp stabbing, shooting pains in my left arm. I don't really get those now, I get other stuff...it's been changing over the past 3 years... at the moment it's leg aches, and also aches in hands / arms and numbness in lips.

You're not alone on this one.

kellylou89
31-12-11, 11:24
Thankyou for the reply!! .. Its horrible isnt it! .. I also get the facial tingling/numbness .. The first time i experienced that i went into anxiety overload

Dazza
31-12-11, 11:38
Yes, new symptoms make me freak and usually end up with a visit to the doctor or sometimes even A&E!

My latest symptoms has been purple colouring in fingernails sometimes... and numbness in arms and hands (not all the time) I made the mistake of googling it and came up with heart condition (my worst fear!) and bad circulation!! The doctors tested my circulation in arms and hands and all is normal. Then the arm pains went!

I have a close friend who's had bad anxiety for 20 years, and she told me when I started to get it tht my symtpoms will constantly shift, which they have. At least now I can hold down a job and get out of the house... 3 years ago, my anxiety was so bad that I was housebound and could not work. I've managed it over time, but sometimes it gets the better of me and I need medical reassurance again to set my mind at ease until I get my next anxiety overload due to a new symptoms. trips to docs can be between a few weeks to a couple of months apart...just depends on how i'm doing. :)

kellylou89
31-12-11, 12:04
I totally get where your coming from! Every new symptom scares u as much as the last and when an old symptom reoccures its just as scary as last time .. I get what you mean about the house bound and jobs etc im like that at the moment.

Dazza
31-12-11, 12:21
so you're housebound at the moment? sorry to hear that.

I was like that 3 years ago... it was 4 months after my first panic attack, and I was so ill physically and mentally with it all... i had so many symptoms at the same time, it was the worst time of my life... i could hardly even go from the bedroom to the bathroom without thinking I was about to drop dead. it was terrible.... but I slowly managed to bring myself out of it with some life changes... it was hard work, I never thought i'd get there, i though I was going insane at the time.

but things are much better now. not perfect, but much better... luckily I have understanding people around me. My only advice, is to take your time, make baby steps, especially about going out... set goals, like going to the local shop and back first, then praise yourself when you do it, then go a bit further the next time, like into town, then further the next time , get on a train to the next town. etc. I did that. and i did the same with exercise, increasing slowly each time i reached a goal. having goals helps us to get out of the anxiety.

kellylou89
31-12-11, 16:21
I was alot worse than i am now if im honest! .. My worst stage was when i had to have my dog put to sleep, my dogs mean the worl to me and having him put to sleep n seeing hom deteriorate was crushing! And like you said i had so many symptoms all at once let alone endless attacks! .. I then got diagnosed with reflux after going to hosp because i couldnt breath properly, this again set of my attacks etc .. Those moments were when i would rather just sit in the house and not go out because id be afraid id faint etc etc.
Now i will go out but not on my own if i can help it, i am seeking work but all the time thinking what if i have an attack whilst working etc etc