PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

whiteblossom
31-12-11, 19:54
Hiya my names is Emma I am 41 I have been suffering from panic attacks for a few years now. Been on and off tablets wish I could get it removed from my head any advice always helpfull
Thank you x

diane07
31-12-11, 19:58
Hi whiteblossom

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

whiteblossom
31-12-11, 20:01
Thank you I hope so :) x

dusty41
31-12-11, 22:18
Hi Emma i am also 41 and live with my partner of 15 years and my son. Ive suffered from Panick attacks for 3 years now, which as also manifested itself into health anxiety. My mum died from lung cancer 3 years ago, I looked after her at home. The doctor says its from experiencing this trauma that has brought on my health anxiety.Ive had CBTwhich helped a lot and councilling. I have also done a lot of research and tried to arm myself with information that will help my recovery. I thought I had beaten it a couple of times, but it taps me on the shoulder every now and again to remind me its always gonna be there, Its how I deal with it that makes the difference. Anyway if ya need to chat feel free to do so, were all in the same boat in one way or another ! Good luck.xx

Vanilla Sky
01-01-12, 22:01
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

Connor_cbt
01-01-12, 23:29
Hi Emma,
I have just joined also and i wish i had found the site earlier! Better late than never though and I'm sure that you will find something useful even if it is simply a friendly person to chat too.

All the best,

Connor.

whiteblossom
02-01-12, 11:55
Hi dusty thank you. It was taking care of my mother that the doctors thought brought on my attacks just lack of sleep and stress. I used to live on stress so found this hard to deal with. I have just started citalopram I am on day 4 and finding it very hard I didn't want to go back onto them but every day was getting harder. My partner is very good we dint live togrther and he works away but finds it hard to understand how I am feeling. I think this site is great I just wish I had found it months ago. I have an eleven year old girl who I love so much I am scared she will see me having a panic attack and start them too. She did mention it once not that long ago and that does scare me. I keep telling myself I am not going to die but it's there in the back of my mind.
I do want to try excercise as I have seen it does help if some one could just take it out my brain I would be happy.
Hi Connor thank you for the welcome it's really great to know you are not alone. Some people tell me to stop being so silly and grow up but I have tried telling myself that. But have stopped talking to people because of what they say to me. And I cant answer there questions so it's good to meet new people thank you

Connor_cbt
02-01-12, 13:22
People respond that way because they are either ignorant of how miserable and difficult it can be to cope with anxiety or they are fearful of it for the most part people dont want to know about it until they get it or have family with an anxiety disorder. The important thing is to remember that it is their flaw and not take it personally. if you live near a park or a common then even a 30 minute walk or a detour on the way home from dropping the kids at school would be a great way to introduce a bit of regular, light exercise. And walking is a great way to clear your mind and relax as well :)

Allt he best,