PDA

View Full Version : hi im kev

darkraver
31-12-11, 21:54
hi found this site through my partner been having a bad time of late everything seems to be goin from bad to worse.its strange it shudnt be like that i have the n ice partner the great kids but for sum reason i still dnt seem happy.find it hard to put a smile on ma face these days but hopefully it will come in time .its strange you think its just you feeling like crap but after listenin to ma partner u realise theres so many other ppl out there in the same boat.i wouldnt say i suffer from deppression or mental health issues but i live with someone who does and im starting to realise how hard it is for a suffere of deppressio n and for someone who lives with that person.im hoping by joining this site it will help with understanding what my partner is going through but at the same time help me cope and manage to be there for her and make life easier .well thats my spiel done feel free to comment with any advice

lauz_lea
31-12-11, 21:57
Hi Kev, it's wonderful that you've joined, you'll find loads of support here for you and your partner.

I keep trying to pursuade my husband to join too (he suffers with anx like me), but I'll have to keep working on him.

This site is FULL of great people and really useful information and support.:welcome:

nomorepanic
31-12-11, 22:06
Hi darkraver

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

darkraver
31-12-11, 22:20
hi lauz yeah i should of joined this a long time ago everyone seems really friendly and i hope a learn a few things along the way . i used to moan bout my partner bein on this all the time but i can see why . i dnt think i proper suffer from mental health but i do have sum problems with it i think it will give me good advice for myself and for helping my partner and am looking forward to talking to like minded ppl i was only just sayin to my partner that all the partners of ppl on here shud get a wee room to talk in so that they can support each other aswell i never really thought mental health was so important in ppls life but it effects everyone not just the suffere so if everyone can give support and advice for the whole family then it helps everyone

lauz_lea
31-12-11, 22:26
As a sufferer, I don't always want to burden or bore my husband with more talk of "how I'm feeling today", but I also see how my suffering effects him, and likewise, how his effects me. I find chatting on here (whether via posts/threads or in the chat room) a great support and I'm sure you will too. NMP is full of likeminded people who've been there, and many that are "there" now.

Perhaps you should suggest a section to the moderators specifically for partners/carers cause I don't think there is one.

MandyGM
31-12-11, 22:30
Hi Kev,welcome. Hope you find lots of help and advice here, there's loads to help you understand better what anx sufferers feel. It's a friendly place, as I'm sure you're aware ;) lol, so hope to chat to you soon! x

janetxx
31-12-11, 22:31
hi kev , welcome to nmp :)
hope you get the advice here that you need to help your partner
nice that your willing to do this for her xx

darkraver
31-12-11, 22:37
thanks to everyone who has replied i do think this site is good it has helped my partner so much and the ppl she has met on here are really good for her . i do think i will mention to a admin bout a carers bit even if its to blow off sum steam etc .tbh i didnt realise the actuall extent that mental health takes on a family so talking to like minded ppl would be great .and a wee mention to janet plastercine isnt all its cut out to be it only goes into the position you mould all about the hand movement dear

lauz_lea
31-12-11, 22:48
You'll be in the chat room in a few days, then you'll never be able to drag yourself away from here :)

darkraver
31-12-11, 22:52
lol lauz im just looking forward tlo askin the admin to set up a carers chat room they will prob tell me to shut up a new member giving them grief lol

jessicalittler79
31-12-11, 22:53
hello kev welcome to nmp its great here and u will find loads of advise,we are all here to help ,check out are chatt room lots of nice ppl there with the same problems...take care xxxx

darkraver
31-12-11, 22:56
not aloud on the chatroom for 5 days jessica

sickandtired
01-01-12, 10:51
i wish my hubby could understand more....he thinks now i,m on meds i,ll be back to my old self in no time......if only it was that simple!!!!
waiting for my 1st cbt app't with mixed feelings

darkraver
01-01-12, 12:38
tbh thats exactly wat i thought .i thought my partner was goin to take anti depressants and everything would be ok . but u soon realise that they only paper over the cracks and that u need to dig deep to find the real reason thats causing it.but im sure getting cbt will help loads .you shud tell your partner about this site it might help him understand more