PDA

View Full Version : Avoidance

ewood79
01-01-12, 04:20
Hi everyone happy new year,

I just went for a walk along the beach, had a swim, had about 6 dolphins swimming a 100 meters away from me on a warm summer morning here in Oz and felt relaxed!

I realized how much my anxiety stops me from enjoying little things like this and other things too...

I'm going to try to push myself a little this year with things I've avoided by just trying to keep my anxiety at bay and myself in a safe place.

Thought I'd share this as we deserve a pat on the back when we achieve little things like this!

Cheers

Jarrod

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Surely people must have some good stories of overcoming their fears?!

theharvestmouse
01-01-12, 09:34
sounds lovely, thats fantastic!:)

.Poppy.
01-01-12, 16:07
That's great :)

I'm working toward being more positive and enjoying myself a bit more. I'm really looking forward to my classes next semester, and am *really* looking forward to the fact that will mean I [hopefully] will either be able to work less or abandon my job altogether - and since my job is a huge drain on me, that's positive.

I've also gotten over my fears and shyness a little bit - even if I'm stressed, I am able to usually tell myself that whatever needs doing must be done, so I should just suck it up and go about it. It certainly doesn't always work - many situations still have me panicking, but I'll take anything.

Rod
01-01-12, 22:35
Just go and do it. Know that there will be times that you will feel anxious but try to push through it. There may also be times that you dont fully do what you set out to do and this is fine too, don't be hard on yourself. It will get easier but its an up and down road to follow.