PDA

View Full Version : oh for goodness sake....

hayles
08-06-06, 09:12
You gotta help me.......

As you will all be aware as i talk about it enough, am getting married in 29 days. Cant wait, am so excitied.

But along with the excitment comes the anxiety.
I have been obssessed since dec last year that i am going to die before the wedding, and it got to the point where i was hysterical over it and every little twinge was a death sentance.

Well i have been doing good for a while now and learning to deal with the fact that my head and neck pains are stress and not tumours / anuerysms etc!

HOWEVER last night at work i was chatting to a local and he was talking about weddings, etc when he mentioned that his cousins Mum died 6 weeks before his wedding from a hemorrage (bad spelling)
She was on the phone to her sis and then nothing, Dead! apparently this is the best way to go as it is like a lights out kinda of situation....great!

Now I know if this happens you have no control, there are no signs it just happens but now i am FREAKING OUT. what if my feelings were right, what if i dont make it to the wedding, what if i only have a few weeks left!

I know this is completely irrational but i cant help but totally FREAK OUT!

My head and neck pains are re-surfacing and i cant but think what if this is a warning sign.

Just when i was doing so well and looking forward to the wedding.......

reassurances please xxxxxxx

Hay x

anxious
08-06-06, 09:22
Hi Hayles,
you are so looking forward to your wedding that you are stressing that you are not going to make it, thats all. BUT you are going to make it and have a wonderful day.
Honestly hun its just stress causing anxiety, all those muscles tensing in your neck.
Concentrate on your wedding, get yourself back on track and ENJOY,
love anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

hayles
08-06-06, 09:24
Thanks anx,
am really trying to get back on track
really hope this isnt too bigger blip

Hay x

marie ross
08-06-06, 10:32
Hi Hay,

I've been following your wedding thread and all the other girls out there getting married. No wonder your so stressed!! Honestly its just anxiety and stress, just look forward to your special day, you'll be fine. CONGRATULATIONS by the way

Take care.

Marie XXX

hayles
08-06-06, 10:39
Thanks Marie.

I just want to get to the day, enjoy and then spend a happy life married to my wonderful Martin!

Hay x

Barb
08-06-06, 12:03
Aw Hay,

Just be like me and say if its going to happen it will nothing I can do about it and get on with your life, worrying about something happening to me has messed up so many years of my life and I am still here. You are going to have a brilliant day hun so try and focus on that and dont let the anxiety spoil it for you.

Be happy

Luv Barb xxxx

whatisitnow
08-06-06, 14:52
quote:
My head and neck pains are re-surfacing and i cant but think what if this is a warning sign.

That is so me! Focus on it enough & it will hurt like hell, been there done that bought the t shirt! Its only when you come out the other side it makes more sense. Honestly.
Hope the good weather continues for the wedding! [8D]

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

Paddington
08-06-06, 14:54
hello hayles,hey aint that Nigel wise,so calming and SO RIGHT.Well here's the thing...today i drove my daughter to her interview,i went, came back and am typin this ..BUT..the month leading up to this drive,i have died in crashes ,killed several pedestrians,maimed my daughter ,caused havoc on the roads etc etc,you catch my drift??Our imaginations get the better of us and doom and gloom is all we see.It is not going to happen Hayles,it is the anxiety talkinand tightening your muscles up.I do understand tho .Hope this made you smile at least.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

whatisitnow
08-06-06, 14:58
I always worry im going to throw up in Tescos checkout queue. No idea why i worry about that, its not like i feel ill at the time! but thats been a worry for years & it hasnt happened yet *touch wood* :D

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

hayles
08-06-06, 15:05
Nigel - Thanks for your post........it is interesting what you say about not deserving it, as this is the outlook my coucellor had!!!

You are very wise and your comments help a lot thank you so much!

Mary-rose - Your comments did make me chuckle i mean maiming your daughter - what are we like eh!!!!????

WIIN - Throwing up in Tescos, been there....I always think i am gonna throw up whilst walking around the isles and will have to leave my trolley and make a run for it....not done it yet but have come close!!!!! I think that stems from being in Tescos with my Mum with a real bad hang over!!!!!!

Thanks guys for your comments.....feel better already.

This site has changed my life - seriously!!!!

Hay x

Alexandra
08-06-06, 15:31
Hi Hay

Hun as the others say its only stress & you will get through it & have a really wonderful day.
You are going to be okay & you have the girls & i on the wedding thread to help support you too.

Here for you Hay if ever want to talk.

Sending hugs to you ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Thinking of you

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

ThomasinaMac
09-06-06, 15:13
Hi Hayley

I know exactly how you feel! I am getting married too, on the 6th July and I started having really awful anxiety about my health about three weeks ago. I am really looking forward to The Big Day, but my worrying just got totally out of hand, so I went back to see my GP. I've got some sort of allergic reaction going on in my nose which makes inside my nostrils sore, and I was convinced that it was cancer. She said that if it was cancer it would have been picked up in the swab I had earlier on in the year, and this put my mind at ease. For most of the time...

What Nigel says in his post is so true. We get in to this way of thinking: " Oh I can never be happy because something bad always happens to me" and you think every twinge is something horrible. It is almost as if we feel that we don't deserve to be happy.

Anxiety is awful because this should be a really enjoyable time for you, but all you can do is think the worst. Just try to relax and enjoy yourself, and you will probably be so busy that you won't have time to imagine bad things; nothing horrible is going to happen and you will have a wonderful time.

Best of luck on the big day!

Tamsin

jackie
09-06-06, 17:43
hayley

please try to be rational although i know it is not our best attribute, bu tyou will make this wedding as millions of people every day make theirs

try to occupy yourself with the arrangements

jackie