PDA

View Full Version : Constant Heachache - help

Ambers
01-01-12, 11:35
Non-stop tension headache (I think) as I wake up with it and it is always there - worsens at points almost like a tight elastic band around my head. I have been taking Sertraline for 6 weeks. Any idea or hints on how I relieve this week-long headache that just wont go? No meds help and I have had my eyes tested recently.

Helllpppppp

chrissie125
01-01-12, 11:55
Just a thought but is it the sertraline?, maybe a trip back to the quacks to ask!....I can not take sertraline it drops my blood sugar levels!!

Hope this helps
Chrissie x

Ambers
01-01-12, 12:00
I wondered that but the headaches didn't start till about the 4th week of taking Sertyraline? I don't think the 50mg is working now either...when I first took it it was calming and allowed me to sleep but now it seems it has worn off :(

chrissie125
01-01-12, 12:34
It may be nothing to do with the pills but i would try and relax and calm right down and see if they ease and if nothing you do helps, visit your docs, bearing in mind worrying is making them worse (easier said than done i do it constantly) i know x

jade1978
01-01-12, 12:36
THe best advice I can give, is try not to give the headache too much attention, I had a tension headache among other symptoms for 6 weeks, now easing after a course of amitriptyline. Keep hydrated, eat regularly and get as much sleep as you can. Happy New Year

Betsyboo9034
01-01-12, 12:48
Usually when I am stressed, I get a stress headache that sounds exactly like what you are describing. It feels like a band around my head. I wouldn't worry about it if it was like that.

Ambers
01-01-12, 13:42
I do feel relaxed and have had a lovely quiet family xmas so I thought my headaches would fade but not so :( Although I am suffering with anxiety I do try so hard to accept it and get on with life. Thank you all for your replies :)